theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:44:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Cycle pictures and videos  (Read 17239 times)
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »

Great videos!

Classic bikes at Baja Cantina

Thanks for clearing that up Lee. I also noticed that I cannot see any suspension, as in shocks on the rear. Ouch!  Lips Sealed

I forgot to mention that silver BSA. Man, do those bring back memories
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:56:35 PM by LSixer » Logged

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Lee. I also noticed that I cannot see any suspension, as in shocks on the rear. Ouch!  Lips Sealed

I forgot to mention that silver BSA. Man, do those bring back memories

Uhm bud...that is a honda 305 scrambler... the bike next to it is a mid 70s triumph. I cannot tell exactly what year because there are a few modifications. Then a suzuki intruder in the background

and since you mentioned rigid frame bikes (also called hard tails), I will post a couple pics I recently found... These were bikes I  built 20 years ago. The trike frame I made completely from raw steel

I recently found these old pics in a box, that I had forgotten about, along with a bunch of old racing pics

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »

Sorry, the wing on the tank fooled me. My eyes arent as good as they used to be. I though BSA used a wing too at one point. I am probably wrong on that. Too lazy to goggle it to clear it up.

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »

Finally got to a point where riding again was plausible.

Here's a ride in my new home, Virginia:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SlsOKarUU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SlsOKarUU</a>
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:19:01 PM by slowfiveoh » Logged

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »

Hey Bud, how have you been?...and what are you doing in Virginia?

mine is nowhere near as fast, but still kind of cool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86507538@N05/7926923370/

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

Hey whats going on Lee? I've been kind of trudging through life over the past few years, shit economy and all. Trying to figure out some old injuries from combat, have the D.C. VA Medical Center helping me out with that. Turns out I whacked my head harder than I thought in 2003.

At any rate, is that a Triumph twin? I can't tell. Usually I tell the old BSA's/Nortons/Triumphs by their cases, but that eludes me. Cool old bike though!

Yeah the big 1100 is kind of hefty for a sport bike but other than that it seems to not have any real faults other than fuel economy (24-33mpg), some of which is no doubt a product of my right wrist. Hopefully I will take the thing to Old Dominion Dragstrip and crank out some 10's if I can get it to hook before the wet season sets in.

We'll see!

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2012, 12:15:06 AM »

Hey !  Welcome back.  Haven't heard from you in a while .  .  .

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »

Yeah sorry I could have just gone back one page and seen that yes, it is a Triumph.

OCAC, thanks for the re-welcome. Wink

As far as cars go, welp. I have a 2001 Sable LS Premium. Not much to talk about there. Family mover and all. Tongue

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »

I was worried about you  Cheesy
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »

Glad you could stop back in Jason. That is a nice looking color. Never a big fan of purple, but, that is really tasteful. The wife allowed you to have a motorcycle? He He

Nancy would shit if I even asked for one.  Tongue

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »

Glad you could stop back in Jason. That is a nice looking color. Never a big fan of purple, but, that is really tasteful. The wife allowed you to have a motorcycle? He He

Nancy would shit if I even asked for one.  Tongue

Thanks for the welcome back man. Yeah she had one requirement. "Be safe.".

This is as naughty as I really get:

Tongue

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »

Yeah sorry I could have just gone back one page and seen that yes, it is a Triumph.

OCAC, thanks for the re-welcome. Wink

As far as cars go, welp. I have a 2001 Sable LS Premium. Not much to talk about there. Family mover and all. Tongue

This is good.  Working with Fords, you should be quite familiar with these cars.  You probably know that you need to change your coolant (even if you just changed it, it's probably brown again), replace your ball joints because they have play in them (THEY ALL DO !  !  !), and replace your front sway bar links to correct the knock in the front end that ALL of these cars have.  Oh, and don't forget about installing the revised cowl trim and rain hat to keep the water out of the passenger side floor.  Familiarity is, indeed, a good thing .  .  .

Grin

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »

This is good.  Working with Fords, you should be quite familiar with these cars.  You probably know that you need to change your coolant (even if you just changed it, it's probably brown again), replace your ball joints because they have play in them (THEY ALL DO !  !  !), and replace your front sway bar links to correct the knock in the front end that ALL of these cars have.  Oh, and don't forget about installing the revised cowl trim and rain hat to keep the water out of the passenger side floor.  Familiarity is, indeed, a good thing .  .  .

Grin

Only time it knocks is what I perceived to be a strut mount popping when going over a bump. Thats the only time, in any way, that the front end makes noise on this one.

However, the rear just started popping on large bumps. Weird.

Also, while there is NO water in the cabin whatsoever, it is weird that after a very heavy rain, if I drive off after the car is parked for a while, the car leaves a trail of water from the B-pillar inbetween the front and rear door on the drivers side.

FANTASTIC story though.

-A/C stops working.
-I check the pressure, and its got plenty. Car has 113k so I'm thinking maybe the 134 is depleted.
-Take it in to shop and have them do an evacuate and recharge.
-Still no A/C.
-Shop foreman says, "Bad news sir. It's going to cost roughly $900 to fix it. We have to replace the pump and accumulator."
-Bummed, I head home.

On the way home I notice that there is no noise from the actuator when cycling modes between A/C and heat.

"Hrmm....that's weird..." I say to myself.

I get on Google looking for a way to diagnose the automatic climate control on my model.

*Press off button and floor at the same time. You will see "---" on the climate control console. It will then generate codes. Write these down and cross-check with manual*

Oh. Ok.

Display spits out a "051".

What the fuck is an "051"?

*looks it up*

"Sunload sensor? What the hell is a sunload sensor? Is it the thing that controls the automatic lights maybe...Huh?"

*Check around a bit more online.*

"Oh shit. Its the little nub sticking out of the dash. Oh God I hope I don't have to pull the whole dash apart."

*Checks manual*

"Pop up dash cowl and disconnect wire to sunload sensor."

"Couldn't be that easy..."

Call up Ford. $45.00 later and my A/C works beautifully again.

I might not use that service shop anymore. Wink

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »

...another thing that irritated me about the car, that is quite common with the Taurus/Sable.

The starter needs to be replaced, and to get just a slightly better view I grabbed the upper return hose and move it about 1/2".

*SNAP*

Are you fucking kidding me? It broke off the little nipple on the water outlet sending coolant everywhere in a nice neat little stream. REALLY bad design in my opinion.

Easy to replace though. Did that about 2 months ago.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:21 PM »

I've done stuff like that before.  After years of heat up/cool down cycles, stuff gets brittle.  Plastic stuff, especially in the Georgia summer heat, is especially vulnerable .  .  .

http://theautolounge.net/lounge/index.php?topic=2238.0

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: