theautolounge.net
February 23, 2018, 02:18:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1991Audi200's 1991 audi 200 20 valve quattro  (Read 863 times)
1991audi200

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »

I am the proud owner of a 20 valve 200. The car is old and was never really neglected but never treated special either. It has a few rust issues and its pretty dirty under the hood despite the engine rebuild. I have a few plans for it but havent decided where i will stop. For now some definate things will be a ben swann chip, finish my custom exhaust (nothing special just straight back from cats no mufflers), Id like to put a nice system in it because i love listening to my music considering i make a 40 mile trip every weekend, id like to replace the rusted fenders and swap on a V8 hood with 100 euro lights to give the front end a nicer newer look. If anyone at all can help me find any aftermarket bumpers or know of a direct fit that is a little more modern looking let me know. Once the body work is done id like to go with a dark gunmetal color. of course other things down the line when im done with the important stuff such as wheels, tint, and maybe coilovers. Like i said though i dont know when ill stop because as much as i love the engine the car it self isnt as pleasing to me. dont get me wrong its a great car just not my style. if the old S4s and S6s with the I5 motors didnt way so much id probably get one but for now its this unless i come across a coupe quattro that i can do an engine and tranny swap into. Itd be nice to have a car to drive while i prep a coupe and when its all done just drop my engine in it with of course an RS2 turbo and manifold. But for now we will see what the future holds. plans are good but no one should think of them as final decisions, who knows i could be driving a subaru in a week. but ill be sure to update on anything i do and pics if possible.
Fox
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »

Got pics
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »

Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing car if you'd build up that motor, put a bigger turbo on it (GT35R anyone?), and all the turbo related stuff like injectors, etc.

The car might be mundane looking, but Audi did good putting that engine in the 200.

For anyone who doesnt know what the I5 20v Turbo motor can do (Its in an Audi 80 Quattro):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJX8NuNzW0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJX8NuNzW0</a>

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
1991audi200

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »

Well yea but first step is to get it into good shape first. Always fix whats broken before upgrading unless upgrades go along with the repair of course. Which brings me to this do you know if an 80 bumper will fit on mine or any bumper that would fit nicely on my car. i really hate the stock one and would kill to get something better looking.
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

Well yea but first step is to get it into good shape first. Always fix whats broken before upgrading unless upgrades go along with the repair of course. Which brings me to this do you know if an 80 bumper will fit on mine or any bumper that would fit nicely on my car. i really hate the stock one and would kill to get something better looking.

I am really not sure what old Audi parts will fit on other old Audis. But I can try to find out from a friend.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
1991audi200

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »

Thanks im mostly looking for cosmetic upgrades. believe it or not there was at one time over 100 different bumpers for my 200 but now none are made any more and i cant even find used ones. it drives me crazy because sticks out 4 inches past the grille and makes a nice flat surface for my friends to set a drink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: