theautolounge.net
December 12, 2017, 09:49:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell phone thread  (Read 11138 times)
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2013, 04:58:25 PM »

I'm still looking...

Are sprint networks good? Both Boost and Virgin Mobile use Sprint networks (CDMA?). I know it depends on the area (Indianapolis/Plainfield for me), but I'm hearing Sprint has some issues.
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »

I don't recall anyone I know complaining about Sprint.  Actually, I don't recall hearing much about Sprint at all.  So, I was quite surprised to find them not only still around, but the 3rd largest provider in the US.  I remember hearing the ads for Nextel and the push-to-talk feature, but not much for Sprint.

I have AT&T, and have had them for many years.  In the 1990s, I have memories of more than a few issues relating to service area and dropped calls.  But overall, everything they provided worked just fine for me.  However, I still have an issue here and there with no service.  A dropped call is a rarity. 

When I was married, my ex-wife had, (and still has) an iPhone.  In the beginning, she had a lot of problems with dropped calls, much more than I would call "normal."  But my tin-can-with-a-string-technology phone worked fine .  .  .

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 710, and will be using T-Mobiles $30/month unlimited text/web data plan.

Hopefully this phone works, getting tired of going from one phone to another.
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2013, 01:11:46 AM »

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 710, and will be using T-Mobiles $30/month unlimited text/web data plan.

Hopefully this phone works, getting tired of going from one phone to another.

Is it me, or is $30 per month for calls, text, and data actually quite a good deal ?

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »

A small upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless .  .  .
May 19, 2013

I have been saying for a while that I need to do something about my phone .  .  .

My $19.95 AT&T replacement phone from Tiger Direct performed as well as expected for a phone that cost $19.95.  Normally, this would be just fine for me.  I am one of those rare individuals who uses a cell phone as a "phone," and nothing more.  I don't text, check e-mail, or surf the web.  And when you look at the numbers on my bill, I don't use the actual phone that much either.  For the month of May, I used 28 of my 450 available minutes.  

I had, however, one very big problem with my phone.  Activating the "lock the keypad" setting didn't actually lock the entire keypad.  A couple of buttons always worked regardless of the setting.  This is fine as long as you never put the phone in your pocket.  Really bad things can and did happen.  A friend of mine from Pennsylvania called me about three weeks ago to say, "I see I missed your call at 12:45 AM last night."  Luckily, he had the ringer on his phone turned off.  But, you get the idea.

After that, I decided enough was enough and picked up something a little more secure.

By "secure," I mean that there is only one rocker button on the exterior of the phone.  And, with the phone closed, this switch is inactive.  No more pocket dialing at all hours of the morning .  .  .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:15:22 AM by Oldcarsarecool » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: