theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:26:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell phone thread  (Read 11340 times)
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »

So how many of you are getting the new iPhone 5? 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4</a>

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »

Yup. Cheesy

Because I have one of these on order, as do my parents:

I can't wait until it arrives.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »

I'm getting one too.

Only because my 4 just broke. And I have over 10GB of pictures. 

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »

i have an HTC Hero now. i really like it, but the battery is so bad it dies if i have the internet on in one hour. took it off the charger once fully charged, used the internet to look at ign.com, and it died in 15 minutes, wouldnt even turn back on! I froze the battery and hooked it up to the usb on the computer to slow charge it, now it just dies in an hour of use.
Looking to get a galaxy note. they only thing is its huge! i dont need or want anything that big. but the phone is awesome. so idk yet. i do not want an iphone, i refuse to jump on that band-wagon.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »

i have an HTC Hero now. i really like it, but the battery is so bad it dies if i have the internet on in one hour. took it off the charger once fully charged, used the internet to look at ign.com, and it died in 15 minutes, wouldnt even turn back on! I froze the battery and hooked it up to the usb on the computer to slow charge it, now it just dies in an hour of use.
Looking to get a galaxy note. they only thing is its huge! i dont need or want anything that big. but the phone is awesome. so idk yet. i do not want an iphone, i refuse to jump on that band-wagon.
iPhones are popular for a reason.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »

I'm on a couple of waiting lists for the iPhone. I don't want to order one if I can't get the upgrade fee waived.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2012, 02:45:21 AM »

iPhones are popular for a reason.
*Edited/deleted because I don't want to piss anyone off more than I already do.*

Never understood why people have a shit fit about rushing out to buy the newest one, when the one they have that they got 6 months ago works just fine, (that's a relative statement, don't get me started on these goddamned phones or "devices" or what the fuck ever people call them now). Its a fucking phone, I want to use it to make a goddamned call when I need to. Will it do that? No, but it has a lot of apps and pictures and music and shit on it. If you want to impress me Apple, make one that I can actually use when I go out west in the middle of bumblefuck Idaho, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, New Mexico, etc., or one that I can make a phone call on 40 minutes from my house when I get deep into the wilderness and the mountains. I mean it is a fucking phone, right? you call it a phone, so let me make a goddamned phone call on it anywhere I happen to end up.

Rant off.  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:25:04 AM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

*Edited/deleted because I don't want to piss anyone off more than I already do.*

Never understood why people have a shit fit about rushing out to buy the newest one, when the one they have that they got 6 months ago works just fine, (that's a relative statement, don't get me started on these goddamned phones or "devices" or what the fuck ever people call them now). Its a fucking phone, I want to use it to make a goddamned call when I need to. Will it do that? No, but it has a lot of apps and pictures and music and shit on it. If you want to impress me Apple, make one that I can actually use when I go out west in the middle of bumblefuck Idaho, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, New Mexico, etc., or one that I can make a phone call on 40 minutes from my house when I get deep into the wilderness and the mountains. I mean it is a fucking phone, right? you call it a phone, so let me make a goddamned phone call on it anywhere I happen to end up.

Rant off.  Tongue

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2013, 11:49:44 PM »

So... I may be going towards the dark side, the evil side of smartphones. My company has given me a $60/month stipend (promotion) - doesn't cover prepaid

I'm thinking I may be just a little clueless, because I've only owned conventional prepaid cell phones strictly because of cost (don't laugh, I may have more liquid $avings then you).

Could anyone share any tips and insight into cell phones. I like compactness, because well... phone will be placed in my pocket. I don't think I'm interested in Apple.

I suppose it was only time
"According to Nielson two out of three people who acquired a new mobile device recently chose a smartphone over a conventional cell. Conventional users are a dying bread. "

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »

haha, I guess I'm on my own, but that's alright.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:33:40 PM by Lone Fox » Logged
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

I will be that remaining 1 out of 3 who will avoid a smartphone when the time comes for a new phone, (which will be soon, by the way).  At this point in my life .  .  .

a)  I find that I have no real need or desire to chat with anyone on the phone.  I used to say that I use most of my anytime minutes at work trying to locate night foreman Larry.  However, Larry later pointed out to me that we both have AT & T.  So, mobile-to-mobile calls are free.
b)  As I age, my opposition to being "connected" all the time everywhere I go continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

I can say that 3 of my coworkers have iPhones, and love them .  .  .

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »

Originally, the stipend was the main contributing reason for me considering a smart phone. Contracts just cost too much, heck more than my car insurance. On the other hand, it looks like Boost Mobile has HTC phones fairly inexpensive, and a no-contract unlimited data plan for $55 that goes down to $40/$35 month if you continue to make on-time payments (I don't know the details). A few years ago you could only get cheap phones, so the prices are really starting to get reasonable.

The possible other reason for my consideration is... internet. I don't know if 3G/4G is fast (3G in my area), but I could check my RSS feeds during my lunch break; half the time I'm just sitting there by myself anyway. I don't have a facebook account or anything.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »

Originally, the stipend was the main contributing reason for me considering a smart phone. Contracts just cost too much, heck more than my car insurance. On the other hand, it looks like Boost Mobile has HTC phones fairly inexpensive, and a no-contract unlimited data plan for $55 that goes down to $40/$35 month if you continue to make on-time payments (I don't know the details). A few years ago you could only get cheap phones, so the prices are really starting to get reasonable.

The possible other reason for my consideration is... internet. I don't know if 3G/4G is fast (3G in my area), but I could check my RSS feeds during my lunch break; half the time I'm just sitting there by myself anyway. I don't have a facebook account or anything.

Have you looked at Straight Talk at Walmart? I know someone who changed to that recently and is happy with it so far. Its $45 a month and they have a bunch of phones to choose from.

http://www.straighttalk.com/

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2013, 07:15:15 PM »

I have not... again, most of these providers didn't have android phones until recently.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: