theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:24:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas gun laws  (Read 2220 times)
slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

Open carry is allowed in most states (44). In the states where it is not, the decision of the Heller case, is going to surely rapidly affect law.

For those who are scared of there being no licensing necessary, here. You may find this interesting it interesting to know, that in places where handguns were banned, or severely regulated, crime went up after the introduction of said law.

In some cases crime rose significantly (Washington D.C. for example).

In all states where open carry was allowed without regulation (The 2nd Amendment and State Constitutions apply unhindered), the presence of fireaarm related incidients and crime plummeted by comparison to those who implemented firearms law.

Not trying to spark another extensive political debate, just telling you guys the factual truth.

Smiley

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

And driving a car with a pistol in reach of the driver is considered concealing. So in the end most people just get a CPL.

Just the opposite here (without a CPL) if it's in the car, it has to be in plain sight. In the seat, on the dash, somewhere in the open. Can't be in the glove box or under the seat, etc. But there is a loophole there as well. If you get pulled over and you have it in the glove box or somewhere hidden, if you tell the officer that you have it, it is no longer concealed. If you don't tell them and they find it, it is a crime.

Nah, we dont have that. The pistol and ammo must be separated from each other, and both must be in the trunk. Or if a vehicle does not have a trunk (like my jeep) then both must be out of reach of any occupant. Same goes for long guns. Though.....with the back seat out of my jeep, nothing is out of reach from me, even though I keep everything in a range bag.

This is my "trunk". The tailgate is just out of view, so what you see is what you get. Not hard for me to reach behind me and grab my M4 and a mag if I wanted to. I wonder what a grumpy cop would say about that.

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »

I remember FFD saying you can buy a gun from a gun show at 18?

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »

If you are curious about specific gun laws, a great place to look is:

www.opencarry.org

Click on the "Maps" section.

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »

Yes, if its a long gun, or a pistol if the booth has a sign saying "private sale" IE not a dealer.

All the gun shows in my area have nothing but crap though.

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »

In michigan we can do this (without a license). 

Few do it in SE mich where Im at, but in the north where there are far less people and far more bears to contend with, people do it often. Ive thought about doing it myself, but I work in a somewhat urban area, and people who are ignorant of gun laws or have never been exposed to a gun are usually afraid of them.

We only need a license to conceal it. And driving a car with a pistol in reach of the driver is considered concealing. So in the end most people just get a CPL.

Seems to me, you need it MUCH more in SE Mich. Especiallay highland park in downtown.

I spent a lot of time in good ole' Detroit in the late eighties. Back then, you needed a bazooka to drive safely through some parts. 

I still love driving 696 .... all six lanes. butt rock

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

www.opencarry.org

California has nothing legal.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »

www.opencarry.org

California has nothing legal.

True.

A very good reason for me to leave that state lol. Not only does it only allow for CCL's, it's like pulling teeth to get one. If you notice, California has no state constitution entry regarding firearms. The original specified intent was to was follow the Federal. Instead it's absence has presented its own other issues.

I have no particular insight into any current matters regarding litigation, but I would imagine that it is coming in one form or another. To enforce the 2nd Amendment SCOTUS affirmed right anyways.

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 09:17:13 AM »

This is my "trunk". The tailgate is just out of view, so what you see is what you get. Not hard for me to reach behind me and grab my M4 and a mag if I wanted to. I wonder what a grumpy cop would say about that.

Your piece is disguised as a paddle? 

Hell you have done a great job at hiding that thing. Its like a "where's waldo" picture.

Thunderbird88

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »

Whoah, that is a stupid law. Not even a license law ...
That is just .. disturbing!

What's stupid about it?

If you try to rob a person or place in Texas, Oklahoma or a number of other states you should be aware that you could get a serious case of lead poisoning. I don't have to hope that the local law enforcement will show up in time to protect me or my family.

Have gun, will use it. big gun

Yes BUT!
The robber will most likely also have a gun.
You guys thinks it's so good to shoot people if they put their foot on your lawn.
You think it's good that shop owners can shoot robbers. I think that too, they should get shot.
But how many robberies do you have each week?
In sweden we may have about maximum ... 1.
Why?
because we are like canada! We still dont have weapons due to very strict laws ...
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »

What's stupid about it?

If you try to rob a person or place in Texas, Oklahoma or a number of other states you should be aware that you could get a serious case of lead poisoning. I don't have to hope that the local law enforcement will show up in time to protect me or my family.

Yes BUT!
You guys thinks it's so good to shoot people if they put their foot on your lawn.
You think it's good that shop owners can shoot robbers. I think that too, they should get shot.
Why?
because we are like canada! We still dont have weapons due to very strict laws ...

Where in sweden are you at? I dont remember if I told you my fathers side (he himself) is from sweden. I have family in goteborg, or a suburb to be precise.

Thunderbird88

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »

I live in the middle part of sweden, in Västerås.
about 100 miles from Stockholm.
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

What's stupid about it?

Yes BUT!
Why?

Theres strict laws to what type of gun you can own here, but in all honesty its not hard to get some pretty serious fire power. I dont have anything against guns, im under the impression that in some places in the US its almost essential to carry one to protect yourself, ive never been into the recreational aspect, I find them boring(been to the range a handful of times), once in awhile me and some buddies will go fire off some rounds out in the bush, we were out scoping for deer last night.

some interesting information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

"Only 1/3 of murders in Canada involve a firearm"

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 02:12:40 PM »

Your piece is disguised as a paddle? 

Hell you have done a great job at hiding that thing. Its like a "where's waldo" picture.

lol, thats the only pic I have of the back of my jeep without a seat. Its like a 3' truck bed right behind the front seats.

And as for americans needing to carry more often....  Ive been to just about every corner of canada, from the yukon to newfoundland to toronto, and I can honestly say you have a much less dense population. And the people that do live in the cities arent animals like we have in our trashy cities like detroit and cleveland.

I like guns for a multitude of reasons. Mostly because I think punching holes in paper from a great distance is fun, but also because I like knowing that I dont need to rely on a paramilitary unit to defend myself while Im in the middle of being attacked by meth heads or bears. And I also like knowing that if that same paramilitary unit tries to enforce a political agenda against the ideals of the people, we dont have to become slaves.

Just look at our past....were all a bunch of anti-government revolutionists.  Grin

Thunderbird88

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 02:16:11 PM »

What's stupid about it?

Yes BUT!
Why?

"Only 1/3 of murders in Canada involve a firearm"

Wow, in sweden there are like 1/10 murder involves firearm ... if even that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: