theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any aquarium owners here?  (Read 3398 times)
Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 05:13:48 AM »

I just bought an albino cat and one of the chinese alge eaters for the tank. The kids love them. My daughters feed them, talk to them, "try" to train them. Best $0.43 per pet I ever spent.
Did you get an albino Cory Cat or a Golden Channel Cat?

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »

I just bought an albino cat and one of the chinese alge eaters for the tank. The kids love them. My daughters feed them, talk to them, "try" to train them. Best $0.43 per pet I ever spent.

I THINK it's the albino cory cat. IIRC, they usually come in a calico type color, or spotted. I had one YEARS ago when I was a kid. He's a cute little bastard. My oldest daughter speaks a little madarin, my wife only speaks four languages which English is one of. She teaches the kids some words here and there so the chinese alge eater has some chinese name that I cannot even pronounce.

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 09:55:11 AM »

We have a 300 gallon tank from Red Lobster hehehe and we used to have fish in it but for some reason they would dissapear one by one :Smiley but then we  removed the remainder to a smaller tank.

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »

We have a 300 gallon tank from Red Lobster hehehe and we used to have fish in it but for some reason they would dissapear one by one :Smiley but then we  removed the remainder to a smaller tank.

Still had a leftover lobster in it? 

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »

I THINK it's the albino cory cat. IIRC, they usually come in a calico type color, or spotted. I had one YEARS ago when I was a kid. He's a cute little bastard. My oldest daughter speaks a little madarin, my wife only speaks four languages which English is one of. She teaches the kids some words here and there so the chinese alge eater has some chinese name that I cannot even pronounce.
I love Cory cats. My Panda Cory is one of my favorite because he is so lively. I'm still looking for a Sterbae Cory though. They're kinda rare.

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »

I love Cory cats. My Panda Cory is one of my favorite because he is so lively. I'm still looking for a Sterbae Cory though. They're kinda rare.

Lively is right.

This little nut swims around the tank like he has a firecracker in his arse. The alge eater thankfully has some restraint when the cat slams into him (her?).

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »

This is the Cory I am looking for:

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »

That looks like the one I used to have years ago. At least the color pattern was the same.

Why are they rare? Expensive?

Thunderbird88

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »

I had my turtle named Donatello.
Although he passed away a few years ago...
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »

I have a 10 gallon setup at the moment. (and a 20 or so gallon empty tank in storage)

Only 2 goldfish today and we've had them for at least about 2.5 years. I don't know why, but our fish last a long time it seems. Only had to get "replacement" fish perhaps 3 times in 5-6 years we've had the tank.

They have no names as we never wanted to become too "attached" to them as we did with previous fish. But they are going strong to this day. After these 2 die, we will get some more (and possibly set up the 20 gallon tank) including some of those fish that I don't know their scientific name but are the ones that have bodies plastered against the sides of the tank, slowly chugging along and eating algae here and there. It would help massively on the upkeep of the tank. Those as well as some snails, and other various garden variety fish.

I just can't seem to justify spending that much money on exotic fish.

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 08:07:48 PM »

That looks like the one I used to have years ago. At least the color pattern was the same.

Why are they rare? Expensive?
They usually run for about $15, which is the most expensive Cory i've came across. but i've only ever seen one within the last year.

including some of those fish that I don't know their scientific name but are the ones that have bodies plastered against the sides of the tank, slowly chugging along and eating algae here and there.
A Plecostomus. Those are actually some of my favorite fish simply because there are some beautiful ones out there.

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »

Bingo!

Those are the ones I am talking about. They look great and they serve a purpose other than pooping and eating. Cheesy

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

Watching fish is simply the best way to relax. PERIOD.

I used to plop down in front of the tank when I was younger and I dont care what the hell was wrong, I would drop off while watching them like someone drugged me.

Fish aquariums = uber cool.

Whitechapel

gimme a breakdown

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »

Nothing gets the ladies aroused like a man with a fish tank  

Edit: Went to the fish store today and found the Sterbae Cory i've been looking for  butt rock ( i love that damn emoticon)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:21:17 AM by Whitechapel » Logged

Mikey

Shaaazoooo!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

Grin

I just started mine two months ago... But so far its a great hobby, in my tank right now, there is 8 Silver dollars, one very spunky oscar, and a starlight bristle nose, I've yet to see another L183 pleco in my area, and I literally bought the ONLY one they've ever had, and have yet to see more since!

110 Gallon tank

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: