theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:05:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 86739 times)
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 26, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »

Drove it to Jekyll Island, Georgia for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Happy Thanksgiving to all .  .  .

Passing through the welcome gates on the Jekyll Island Causeway

Made it to the hotel without incident

William Horton House National Historic Site, Jekyll Island, Georgia

Boat ramp at the UGA Tidelands Nature Center, Jekyll Island, Georgia

Boat ramp at the UGA Tidelands Nature Center, Jekyll Island, Georgia

Clam Creek Fishing Pier and Driftwood Beach parking area

I hope everyone has/had a good Happy Thanksgiving .  .  .

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 28, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »

I made it to and from Jekyll Island just fine, and had a wonderful time in the process.  But on my way home, I started to see smoke, and smell burning oil.  I appear to have developed an oil leak.  Drops of oil can be seen all over the bottom of the oil pan in the photo below.

The culprit is the forward oil pressure sending unit, the yellow single wire connector for which can be seen in the photo below.

With the engine running, oil is dripping from the back of the sending unit onto everything directly below it and making its way to the side and bottom of the oil pan.

Driving the car results in those droplets of oil being blown all over everything including the hot exhaust.  There's nothing like smiling and enjoying the warm day with the roof down in your Jag convertible.  As everyone begins to check you out at a signal light, the large cloud of smoke coming from the bottom of the car becomes quite obvious.

I swear this Jaguar infatuation of mine is going to drive me to drink .  .  .

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 25, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »

Took the XJS to work last week where it turned 42k miles as I pulled into the parking lot .  .  .

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 07, 2016, 12:57:11 PM »

Looks like I'm going to have to get up close and personal with my Beautiful Disaster again, this time with the convertible top hydraulics.  It looks like I have an hydraulic line leaking near the back of the car.  At issue is the questionable quality of the OEM hydraulic hoses, of which there are 6, (two for each cylinder and two for the latch above the windshield).  Apparently, line leakage/bursting is a known issue on these cars, (the interwebz is full of "Green Shower" stories from the latch lines bursting).  Replacing the lines to the cylinders isn't too bad of a job, comparatively speaking.  Replacing the latch lines, however, requires removal of most of the interior.  About 7 hours is needed to replace all 6 lines.  Great .  .  .

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]
  Print  

Jump to: