theautolounge.net
February 25, 2018, 08:56:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My stereo.  (Read 926 times)
Fox
« on: August 22, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »

Over the years I have had a decent set of speakers; most have been sold or stolen by now, but recently I purchased a new set of Paradigm tower speakers:

Monitor 7's

I don't have a amplifier powering them like my good old days, but rather a Panasonic SA-XR50; don't let its brand fool you, its actually a darn good receiver. It's a 6.1, but I don't have a TV (but I do use my computer to watch TV). Its a full-digital (Class D) amp inside.

There's no preamplifier in this receiver either!! Tone, volume, and other controls are handled digitally. When you use a digital connection to this reciever you are getting as pure a signal as is possible!

Even if you use analog, they turn out extremely clean because they are converted to 192/24 digital signals and only then fed into the digital amp. The amp responds in pulses of 100-200hz. The pulse artifacts are then filtered out. It's a true digital amplifier.

Enough of that; the receiver also powers my Polk Audio VM10 satellite speakers; I can switch between two "main speakers" or play all four of them at once, which is nice. I use the Polks as my desktop speakers next to my monitor (no skimpy computer speakers here!).

I use to have a deck of components, even a Pioneer Plasma TV; no-longer. Like many people I also switched from CD's to MP3s. All my MP3s are DRM-content free and at least 256k, and nothing less so to speak.

In my car are Diamond Audio 6" component speakers; no rear speakers.

Fixed title
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:12:28 AM by LSixer » Logged
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:49:24 AM »

Those appear large to enough to really piss off your neighbors. 

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »

is that model panasonic with the 5 disc changer and the theater surround sound? I used to have one in the living room, and another in the game room. Eventually the changer went out on both.....I have since upgraded to samsung

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Fox
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »

were is multi quote when you need it 

is that model panasonic with the 5 disc changer and the theater surround sound? I used to have one in the living room, and another in the game room. Eventually the changer went out on both.....I have since upgraded to samsung

Negative; this isn't Panasonic's home-theater-in-a-box receiver. I am only assuming yours came with some little satellite speakers? My receiver is actually regarded as a excellent performer, and it is.

Those appear large to enough to really piss off your neighbors. 

Only if the users so chooses  Grin. I just like the warmness and neutrility. They are amazing, and affordable.

Here is the top-end version center channel speaker for the Monitor series. It measures a impressive 39" width-across!
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »

I love Paradigm's but I'm a Polk guy Smiley

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: