theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Any aircraft guys here?  (Read 4995 times)
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:36:05 AM »

besides cars, i have in the recent years redeveloped a love for airliners and somewhat military aircraft, anyone in this hobby? lol

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »

You know me. Wink

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »

I have always had a love of aircraft. Since I was a kid. A cool website I spend some time lurking on is:

www.airliners.net

Thunderbird88

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:20:08 AM »

I'm currently in a flight technician school!
2 more years and then I'm certified flight technician Smiley
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »

After cars come airplanes. I am still pondering joining the Air Force to become a pilot after I finish college. If not, I will still admire watching planes in the sky from quaint little Pipers to the awesome spectacle of a C5 Galaxy.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »

haha, i am also a airliners.net lurker, shame they charge money tho, but still great.i am aimed towards the aviation world for my career, i took a intro to aerospace engineering class last year by SCROC, and has been invited this year to take a aviation careers class and then a non metallic structures class, pretty cool, all for free, and they say the credits from the structures class can go towards their airplane technician class, after the HS years, tight

oh, btw, how about that 787, it might fly b4 the London Olympics, LOL

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »

After cars come airplanes. I am still pondering joining the Air Force to become a pilot after I finish college. If not, I will still admire watching planes in the sky from quaint little Pipers to the awesome spectacle of a C5 Galaxy.

You got that bass akwards dood.

You should have joined the airforce (navy is better for flying), then had them pay for your college. I dont mean join the enlisted, go to the academy.

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

haha, i am also a airliners.net lurker, shame they charge money tho, but still great.i am aimed towards the aviation world for my career, i took a intro to aerospace engineering class last year by SCROC, and has been invited this year to take a aviation careers class and then a non metallic structures class, pretty cool, all for free, and they say the credits from the structures class can go towards their airplane technician class, after the HS years, tight

oh, btw, how about that 787, it might fly b4 the London Olympics, LOL

I think the Apophis asteroid has a better chance of hitting before the 787 gets off the ground. Cheesy

You got that bass akwards dood.

You should have joined the airforce (navy is better for flying), then had them pay for your college. I dont mean join the enlisted, go to the academy.

I know its a weird way of thinking. But there is a clause that if a person is a federal employee for a certain amount of time, their federal student aid is waived. So I may benefit either way. Personally I would love to fly C-17s or C-5s. But that would mean moving to Dover, and I am not to keen on that. (I know I wouldn't be able to pass flying F-22s or F-35s and things along those lines. I don't think I am that elite!)

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »

lol @ clutch

i would love to join the air force too, but i am overweight and have asthma problems

clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 06:15:51 PM »

I don't have asthma and I am as fit as a horse, but I've got nearsightedness. So no jet fighter school for me!

Cheesy

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »

i think they allow lasik treatments to get a 20/20, and how tall are you? cuz they like short ppl in the fighters, lol

Fox
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »

Admirer of aircraft, but I couldn't name just about every one of them like I can with cars... ha; Naturally I am more into, and more knowledgeable of the automobile.

I've spent days at various air-stations. I have even worked around aircraft, but rarely on them.

The shop I worked at in Japan was located literally right next to the end of the flight line; it was very common for FA-18 jets to take off, and boy would it shake our pad Grin. The Japanese fighter jets most intrigued me! Always fascinated me... of course until the occasional times they fly at night and I had to turn the TV volume up. Also, those dreaded nights and weekends I get called in for test cell.. errr

Sometimes a Harrier would hover
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 08:45:18 PM »

i think they allow lasik treatments to get a 20/20, and how tall are you? cuz they like short ppl in the fighters, lol

That too may be a problem. I am 6'4" so it would be a tight fit. And I am not letting any lasers touch my retinas!

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »

That too may be a problem. I am 6'4" so it would be a tight fit. And I am not letting any lasers touch my retinas!

It's not so much fit as it is body mass. They like the stockier framed people because their head is closer to their heart, which allows them to endure higher g forces.

slowfiveoh
Semper Paratus
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »

Huge admirer of all things airborne.

I am a combat vet, and served a lot of time with stinger guys. Those guys are trained to identify an aircraft simply by its silhouette, from significant distances. Good companions in a combat zone, thats for sure.

I attend airshows whenever I can and have a great interest in developing airframe and flight technology.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: