theautolounge.net
February 25, 2018, 09:20:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: JunkTrader's '99 Chevy Silverado Z71  (Read 6284 times)
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »

still messed up 

bowtie
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »

What are you going to the truck now? Sounds like its becoming a nightmare with the tranny, sorry about that man. Sad

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »

it was just a cheepy out of a s10 blazer, I gave $140 for it, but then I payed to have it put in ( I wish i did it myself). I was told they were different internally, but it still shouldn't be messed up already, it was just in there a day. it has a perfect 1st,2nd, and reverse but it won't shift into 3rd, it just holds second, sometimes it acts like it goes into neutral when it goes to shift. when its in 2nd, you can manually shift it into neutral, then pull it back into 3rd and it takes gear, but when it down shifts its like its in neutral, I think its some kind of sensor  Huh?

bowtie
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 07:58:04 PM »

it was just a cheepy out of a s10 blazer, I gave $140 for it, but then I payed to have it put in ( I wish i did it myself). I was told they were different internally, but it still shouldn't be messed up already, it was just in there a day. it has a perfect 1st,2nd, and reverse but it won't shift into 3rd, it just holds second, sometimes it acts like it goes into neutral when it goes to shift. when its in 2nd, you can manually shift it into neutral, then pull it back into 3rd and it takes gear, but when it down shifts its like its in neutral, I think its some kind of sensor  Huh?

I'm  not too up on that stuff, but it sounds like it to me also or maybe something in the PCM. If it will go into gear and isn't slipping, just won't shift where it's supposed to, sounds electronic to me.

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »

I'm about ready to see about swapping in a 700R4, I'm tired of the computer controlled junk

I'd really love to have the money for a 5 speed conversion

bowtie
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »

What does it take to put a 700 in it? Will it cause problems with other stuff?

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »

I beleve all I need would be a flex plate spacer, the crossmember may need some modification, and if my trasfer case wouldn't work i may have to loose the push button 4WD, i've really not looked into it, I don't know how it'll affect the rest of the computer stuff

bowtie
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: