theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:53:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Ford Mustang Thread  (Read 31560 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »

what i mean is this car, the boss 302, is imo getting really close to the GT500 territory, and ford should really go into upgrading the GT500's traction to separate it even more from it, but other than that, its a great car

and 7500rpm redline? sweetness

The GT500 doesn't have traction problems. If it did, it wouldn't be 8 seconds faster around the track than an Audi R8 V10, and 9 seconds faster than the '10 GT500.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »

The GT500 doesn't have traction problems. If it did, it wouldn't be 8 seconds faster around the track than an Audi R8 V10, and 9 seconds faster than the '10 GT500.

You must not have driven many of them. It has SERIOUS traction problems, especially in a straight line. Hell, on a tight road course I could out run an 05-09 in my SGT with 180 less hp on summer tires. Traction is the biggest limiting factor in those cars performance. Ford fucked up in that area for sure. The '10 is better, and the '11 SVT PP is better too, but nowhere near what they are capable of with better wheels and rubber.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2010, 02:02:27 AM »

RBB knows what i am talking about, yes, its a beast around a track, but straight line, no, not even close, you are lucky to even hit 4.1 seconds to 60. in a car with 550 hp, i would expect something more like a 3.5 to 3.8. considering a GT with only 425hp can do a 4.2-4.3 at best, and the GT500, at best a 4.2 maybe in a blue moon 4.1, its getting too close to feel they have a gap, i bet the boss will beat it in a 1/4 mile drag, just barely, LOL. what ever happened to american cars and their straight line speed? haha

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »

RBB knows what i am talking about, yes, its a beast around a track, but straight line, no, not even close, you are lucky to even hit 4.1 seconds to 60. in a car with 550 hp, i would expect something more like a 3.5 to 3.8. considering a GT with only 425hp can do a 4.2-4.3 at best, and the GT500, at best a 4.2 maybe in a blue moon 4.1, its getting too close to feel they have a gap, i bet the boss will beat it in a 1/4 mile drag, just barely, LOL. what ever happened to american cars and their straight line speed? haha

Yes, on a looooonggg track where it can make up the difference on the straights with brute force. On a short curvy one, it will get smoked.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:18:44 AM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2010, 03:58:18 AM »

I think the '70 style hockey stick stripes would have looked better on it. Either way, they should be reflective like the original. That would have been the ultimate touch.

That's one thing I noticed that makes it wrong.
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2010, 04:26:02 AM »

Yes, on a looooonggg track where it can make up the difference on the straights with brute force. On a short curvy one, it will get smoked.

I can see it getting 2 or 3 seconds on the V10 R8 at The Streets of Willow Springs.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2010, 07:31:04 AM »

that's great, but i am talking about the midcore GT trim that has the potential to beat up the top end model?

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »

that's great, but i am talking about the midcore GT trim that has the potential to beat up the top end model?

Huh?

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »

I believe he is speaking about the new Boss Mustang model...  I believe that they are bringing out the Boss because it will bring a lot of attention to the car dealers and get people looking at the other cars, like the V6 Mustang or something. The name Boss is virtually known to any motorhead so I can understand Ford using this Name on this car now because they know it will help increase attention to their vehicles and their performance image...

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

The purpose of the Boss is to shred road courses unmercifully as evidenced by the suspension, and trick exhause with unfettered side pipes for track days. GT500's have never really been about road racing, but raw power (although the 2011 does pretty damn good.) In 69 and 70 the Boss 302's were the best handling, fastest around the track Mustangs you could get, why wouldn't they want the new ones to live up to that?
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2010, 04:46:54 AM »

Shelby releases 660hp, 750hp, and 800hp tuning packages for GT500
Source: AutoBlog
When we tested the 750 horsepower 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, our man Jonathon Ramsey declared it the "new king" of Mustangs. Surprisingly, he found that the suspension was able to – barely – keep up with the engine, but we figured that the Super Snake had just about all the power a street-driven Mustang could handle. We thought wrong, at least according to Shelby.

Ol' Carroll has upped the ante in the horsepower wars once again by offering up to 800 horsepower in the newly-released 2011 version of the Super Snake. Of course, there are more sane options including 660 horsepower and 750 horsepower variants, but the 800 horsepower version will undoubtedly be the must-have for the guy (or girl) who needs the biggest and baddest 'Stang on the block. Also new for 2011 are the optional anthracite wheels, white stripes and new side scoops. The Super Snake package starts at $30,245 (just $250 less than the cost of a brand new 2011 Mustang GT) and can be built at Shelby's Las Vegas facility or at any of their official Mod Shops around the country.

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »

800hp is just unfathomable.

Seriously my friend's Camaro SS with half of that is scary. Double the HP in about the same package?
Holy. Shit.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »

800hp is just unfathomable.

Seriously my friend's Camaro SS with half of that is scary. Double the HP in about the same package?
Holy. Shit.

ehhh, you'll probably get over it in a few weeks.
Fox
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »

ehhh, you'll probably get over it in a few weeks.

Reminds me of a story of a man and his 600hp Mustang; alternator went bad, so he ended up driving his wife's Honda Fit for a couple days. 
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2010, 03:13:55 AM »

Roush Performance releases 5XR package for Mustang
Source: AutoBlog
The 2011 Ford Mustang already packs a plentiful 412 horsepower under it's well-contoured hood, but for some enthusiasts there is no such thing as enough power. And what makes owning a Mustang so great is that there are countless ways to upgrade your ride. Roush has done it's fair share of Mustang modifying, and that trend continues for 2011. The new 5XR is Jack and the gang's latest stab at 'Stang perfection, with a R2300 ROUSHcharger mated to Ford's already potent 5.0-liter V8 to produce a hearty 525 ponies and 465 pound-feet of torque.

When Roush upgrades a Mustang, obviously it starts with a more powerful engine, but the fun usually doesn't end there. The 5XR will also feature a bevy of upgraded components, including a suspension kit with new front shocks and rear springs and front and rear stabilizer bars. Power will be transferred to the road via 20-inch chrome wheels wrapped with high-performance Cooper RS3 tires.

On the outside, Roush provides plenty of cues to alert even the novice that the 5XR is no run-of-the-mill pony car. Upgrades include a new front fascia with splitter, side rocker splitters, rear valance and three-piece deck lid spoiler. And if that isn't enough to clue you in, the 5XR also comes standard with a copious amount of badging.

The 5XR is limited to a production run of 150 units, but prospective owners will first have to purchase their own 2011 Mustang. Roush-certified Ford dealers will install the $15,390 worth of goodies. Other available upgrades are up-rated vented brakes, custom leather seating surfaces and a vent pod gauge.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  

Jump to: