theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:08:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got myself a new automobile machine  (Read 4981 times)
LeBaronGTC

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »

So I know everyone knows I liived in the France, had a very cool hot hatch that I wish I coulda imported here. But I ended u p with a boring Ford Escape, I al most bought a Porsche.

I decided to buy something worse. Pics are attached.

I purchased a Demo test drive truck with roughly 4000 miles on it, but it still has the same warranty and all that shit. And I am the first owner legally. Its pretty much the base model with a couple ad on options.

I purchased a 2015 Chevy Colorado, I'll through the specs real quick.

Engine: 2.5 Liter with direct injection, Double Overhead Camshafts, DEXOS oil needs, and a 6700 RPM redline. It produces 201 Horsepower at 6300rpm, and 191ftlbs of torque at 5400RPm.

6 speed automatic transmission with a working manual mode.

It’s got power seats, that are heated and coated with real leather, not that old school fake GM leather. It has navigation, power mirrors auto dim rear view mirror, cruise control, AC, nav, media center, all the fun stuff.

It also has the 4 banger towing package, which is can tow up to 3,500 pounds. Just around the weight of my Suntracker Party Barge Pontoon boat, which has a grill, leather seating, live tanks and a 175 horsepower outboard, plus fridge, stereo, GPS, and fish finding sonar, with its trailer it weighs just under 3500.

How much did I pay? The MSRP was 23,500 dollars, after I got the local deals via cashback and price knockdowns advertised on the local station of the radio, and trading in my 2011 Ford Escape XLT V6, and haggling the salesman, I got this truck for just 13,900 of my dollars with a full 100,000 mile power train dealer warranty.  With a 0% interest rate for the first year, which will increase to .7% after the first year of the 3 year loan, so I got a good price.

Now whats the truck like to live with?

Driving the truck machine:

I live in an Urban area, and I drive a little bit out into the sticks to get to my job at the Railroad NS, so I get a great taste of city and urban driving.

Engine: The little 2.5 Liter Ecotech is equipped with VVT, Direct Injection, Double overhead, camshafts. Producing 200 horsepower and 191 Ftlbs of Torques

City Driving: It does just fine in city driving, more power and pep than any 4 cylinder truck Ive own, its very quiet around town to and responsive. Around town this will do around 20-21mpg, sometimes better

Highway driving: The little 4 does just cruising at speeds of 75-80mph and once its in 6th gear settles down and becomes very quiet. Tho it becomes very revv happy when passing and merging, this isn’t a big deal, I’ve gotten around 27-30mpg on the highway at 70mph, the amount of hills seem to matter.

Comfort:

The interior of my truck as you can see in pictures below has leather seats that are both heated and powered, power windows and mirrors as well as power locks, also included is a central media center that includes blue tooth, cell phone bullshit, USB, MP3 input, as well as the backup camera.

The interior is reasonably well made with soft plastics, the leather isn’t very thick but the seats are supportive and bolstered nicely, the driving position is pretty comfy even for someone as tall as me, and as fat.

The cabin is also very quiet, there is a bit of tire noise and a bit of thump over bumps and gaps in the road. Windnoise is almost not there.

Road Manners:

The 2015 Colorado is probably the best handling pickup Ive ever driven ( tho I’m sure performance trucks are better like the Raptor ), the steering has nice feel and feels direct and is fairly tight, it almost feels like a Chevy Sonic steering wise, it doesn’t lean very much when thrown into even a tight PA backroad corner, body lean is minimal for a truck, the suspension handles the horrible PA roads pretty nicely. There are no unpleasant jolts or bumps, the rear end doesn’t hop all over the place like most trucks on horrible PA roads.

Towing: To be announced.

So far I am pretty satisfied, we’ll have to see how it handles yanking that boat out of the water and how it holds up over winter.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:10:24 AM by LeBaronGTC » Logged
Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »

Very nice, congrats. I hope it works out well for you and your boat. Axe
LeBaronGTC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »

Very nice, congrats. I hope it works out well for you and your boat. Axe

Thank you, I did kind of want a truck, however I did not want a full sized, and the Tacoma Base and last generation Colorado wouldn't cut it in any catogory, this truck, while its not a V6, does just fine. You'd be surprised how nicely it'll cruise 80mph at 2700rpm. While still getting 27mpg on the highway
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »

Congratulations !  Sounds like you did very well with the deal.  The 100k mile warranty is great.  I'm also intrigued by the pontoon boat.  Where do you use it ?  I'm guessing on the Ohio/Allegheny/Monongahela rivers ?  Either that or you drive to Raystown .  .  .

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »

I like these trucks. They are getting really popular out here. Ford should have replaced the Ranger long ago.

Mac
LeBaronGTC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 08:37:15 AM »

Congratulations !  Sounds like you did very well with the deal.  The 100k mile warranty is great.  I'm also intrigued by the pontoon boat.  Where do you use it ?  I'm guessing on the Ohio/Allegheny/Monongahela rivers ?  Either that or you drive to Raystown .  .  .

Thank you very m uch, I actually got the boat the other day.

My Grandpa owned it for years, but hes to old to take it out anymore, so he said I should take it, and its in very nice condition. Driving back was pretty much 4500rpm of 50mph terror the entire time, but he truck did ok.

And yeah, it'll be in the Allegheny, I bought a least to a slip at the Sharpsburg Marina. I live in Regent Sqaure in a very nice area by frick park.
LeBaronGTC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »

I like these trucks. They are getting really popular out here. Ford should have replaced the Ranger long ago.

I 100% agree, I just kinda came around this truck, I wouldn't have got a full sized but I like this one.
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »

Nice truck, I have been seeing them around here lately especially now that dealerships are finally having them in stock.

Wonder what GM thinks about the all new '16 Tacoma.
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »

good looking truck you got there 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: