theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:13:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Mazda 6  (Read 4669 times)
racer91
Master

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

Bought me a new car, our lumina and regal were starting to get expensive to repair 

Needs some tint and she'll be good to go.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:41:19 AM »

Congratulations !  This is awesome !  A new car purchase is always a wonderful event.  Hope you're doing well .  .  .

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:20:30 AM »

the one time I show up in like months I see this, NICE.  I got a twin now.  I am jealous that the 2016 owners enjoy the much improved interior, and way better infotainment system.  If you got any questions with your 6 feel free to ask me, haha.  Also if you don't know our ECUs have been cracked and is tunable.  I am in the middle of tuning mine.  Lastly, get rid of that nasty dealer badge, haha

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »

the one time I show up in like months I see this, NICE.  I got a twin now.  I am jealous that the 2016 owners enjoy the much improved interior, and way better infotainment system.  If you got any questions with your 6 feel free to ask me, haha.  Also if you don't know our ECUs have been cracked and is tunable.  I am in the middle of tuning mine.  Lastly, get rid of that nasty dealer badge, haha

That you do! I had done my homework, I wanted something efficient. The 3 was my first choice, but it seemed SO boggy when you hit the gas pedal, and going over bumps and expansion joints it was LOUD. Like I thought something was wrong loud.

I LOVE the touring rims, however when i priced the cost of replacing the tires, I opted for the base, lol!

These cars are monsters, 525mi total range!

Agreed, the dealer badge is going!

Where did you get the fog lights? Ebay? Were they easy to install?

Still figuring out the infotainment, what I really want is for them to bring android auto to these cars.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

I bought OEM foglights from a OEM mazda parts seller online, it was a bit over 300 for the kit and new light stalk switch. difference between OEM and aftermarket is OEM uses a glass lens where aftermarket is poly carb, but much cheaper running around 100 or less to 150 bucks, and yes they sell them all over ebay. instillation is not hard and its plug and play, all prewired. all you need to do is pop off the wheel well cover and some under bumper panels and you have full access to install the fog lights.  The shrouds are held on by 5 clips each one, they easily pop off and pop on. to make the fog lights work you will need to replace the light switch stalk with one that has a fog switch, that runs around 30 bucks and is separate from the Fog light kits.

I also debated about going for a sport solely for much cheaper 17" tires, but I decided YOLO, get what i really want and avoid later regret.  Plus BSM and RCTA is actually very useful in the touring trim.  And yes gas mileage is amazing.  I can usually average over 35mpg highway without really trying, and have hit past 40 before a few times.  also if you haven't noticed MPG tends to falls off quick about 65mph, its due to ECU fuel trims and nothing you can do about it unless you tune it.  funny thing about MPGs. Right now With mine tuned I have gained a solid amount of low end torque, 20 or so HP, and also a 2 mpg gain on city, win win, lol

also check this forum out, this is where I get all the mazda intel for our cars.  I am going to install an aftermarket spoiler soon and maybe add paddle shifters, apparently its possible to plug and play paddles into sport and touring models, and parts are around 200 bucks.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/490-3rd-gen/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:33:25 PM by Jerrycobra » Logged

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:59:52 PM »

^^^ Great info. You've obviously done your homework. Axe
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

I've been driving a Mazda6 the last couple of days. I like how it corners and drives, and the infotainment system is better than I expected. They I4 has torque and I can feel it; I never feel "underpowered".

This car will be considered for purchase in the far future... 2-4 years.

Damn, I have to return it tomorrow morning.

https://goo.gl/photos/dJXtZNjrVxxPSWV49
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 09:15:33 AM »

Its a pretty solid car. Just hit 10K. Only complaints are wind noise, and ride stiffness. that and the driver side door has gone from normal to feels like it has some give when it closes. But it is very sporty for a 4 door sedan and is a hoot to drive for what it is.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 01:39:13 AM »

nice to see you enjoying the car.  I successfully installed factory paddle shifters to my touring earlier this year, which enables shifting when in "D' mode.  If you have a stick then it don't matter anyways, haha

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »

She made it up to 14K Feet  

Still needs tint Sad

I ate 3 fucking tires driving to Cali and back. Ridiculous

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: