theautolounge.net
January 20, 2018, 06:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 4261 times)
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »

Hey guys I haven't been on here in a long time, I have been finishing up my college degree and I am looking forward to graduating in May.

So I thought I would come back and check in for some auto wisdom/advice about my next vehicle. I do intend on keeping the Mustang but I would like to get another car, I am leaning towards something with a turbocharger but I'm still open to others... Some vehicles that I have been thinking about lately:

-Volkswagen Golf GTI 2011-2014

-BMW 325i or some other BMW, preferably something less than 8-10 years old.

-2005-2009 Ford F150, Chevrolet Silverado or Dodge Ram 1500?

- A Ford Focus ST?

-Volkswagen Jetta?

However for a more radical scenario I could sell the Mustang and look at buying:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or a Subaru equivalent from the years 2010-2014.

- 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0

-2011-2014 Charger R/T

- A used 2011-2012 Challenger SRT8 or R/T 6speed manual. ( I've found some SRT8's for decent prices with low mileage)

So you can see my list of cars is not that long. If anyone can give suggestions or advice I would appreciate it!

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

Welcome back !  And great job on the degree !

Your preliminary list runs the vehicle spectrum, (i.e. practical commuter, upscale daily driver, truck, race car, etc.).  You appear to be open to whatever comes your way.  Do you have a specific budget in mind ?

And keep in mind that I can come up with suggestions that will make you scratch your head .  .  .

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »

Well the budget I am thinking of I keep the Mustang would be around $15,000-20,000. If I decide to sell the Mustang I'm looking at anywhere from $22,000-35,000.
If it is going to be a car I want it to be a manual and I want a car that is less than 8 years old... I really do like the Volkswagen GTI idea, I'm not very familiar with the car but I want to try something different. Also I really have taken a liking to BMW's especially a 328 or 325. If I can get a 2001-2008 one in manual and 6cylinders in good condition that would be great. Again I don't know much about those cars either but I will do the research.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:55:12 PM by 03_TrueBlue_GT » Logged

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »

That's a good budget !  You have good ideas.  I'll start by thinking outside the box .  .  .

Click for the ad !

Click for the ad !

Just to see if you're paying attention.  Click for the ad !  The "needs some TLC" would scare me with an Aston Martin .  .  .

Click for the ad !

Click for the ad !

On the more serious end of the spectrum .  .  .

Click for the ad !  The price and mileage are quite attractive.

Click for the ad !  I don't know what you think of these cars.  But this is a very low miles car for decent money.

Click for the ad !  I know this is basically what you have now, less the supercharger.  But the price and miles are quite attractive for a Terminator.

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »

Thanks OCAC you always seem to find an assortment of cars when someone needs help lol. Btw whoever put those headlights on that Cobra needs to be slapped.

Here's a particular car that I found that I like.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Volkswagen-GTI-d199#listing=96874128

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

The mileage is quite attractive.  The price keeps dropping, which is good.  What's the deal with the boost gauge ?  Did someone add a gauge or has the car been modified ?  I would be cautious regarding modified vehicles that you are actually planning to drive .  .  .

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »

Hey guys I haven't been on here in a long time, I have been finishing up my college degree and I am looking forward to graduating in May.

So I thought I would come back and check in for some auto wisdom/advice about my next vehicle. I do intend on keeping the Mustang but I would like to get another car, I am leaning towards something with a turbocharger but I'm still open to others... Some vehicles that I have been thinking about lately:

-Volkswagen Golf GTI 2011-2014

-BMW 325i or some other BMW, preferably something less than 8-10 years old.

-2005-2009 Ford F150, Chevrolet Silverado or Dodge Ram 1500?

- A Ford Focus ST?

-Volkswagen Jetta?

However for a more radical scenario I could sell the Mustang and look at buying:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or a Subaru equivalent from the years 2010-2014.

- 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0

-2011-2014 Charger R/T

- A used 2011-2012 Challenger SRT8 or R/T 6speed manual. ( I've found some SRT8's for decent prices with low mileage)

So you can see my list of cars is not that long. If anyone can give suggestions or advice I would appreciate it!

Get a new mustang GT with a warranty

butt rock

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »

If you go with the chevy silverado, it has the LS block, so you will have an easy time finding parts. Depending on the year any way. mine has the 5.3.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »

Hey guys I wanted to let y'all know that I have some great news! I got a job after graduation this May!!! I start June 8th and I will be making decent money doing it! So I can say that I can look at cars that are $22,000-30,000!   
I plan on saving my money for 4-6 months to see how much I can save and decided on what I want to do.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »

Congratulations !  This is a wonderful accomplishment.  Well done .  .  .

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 12:34:33 AM »

Don't know what you think about these cars.  But this one is practically brand new.

Click for the ad !

Sorry, I can't help myself with these cars.  And the 29k miles is quite attractive.

Click for the ad !

This looks like some serious fun !

Click for the ad !

I'd own this !  Although in your case, this isn't a conventional "manual" transmission.

Click for the ad !

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »

Thanks OCAC it has been a long road to get my degree! Also I like the suggestions you are showing however I feel what I want is rather limited compared to your broad scope of cars you are finding haha

If I sell the Mustang I am looking at this

http://www.motortrendsonline.com/vehicle/used-2014-ford-mustang-gt-1885814.cfml?refby=dealersite#ar_top

And then Im looking at this...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=77511&endYear=2016&modelCode1=CHALLENGER&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=DODGE&engineCodes=8CLDR&engineCode=8CLDR&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&searchRadius=50&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[DODGE[CHALLENGER[]][]]&listingId=396529173&Log=0

Btw how do you get your links to display like when you post cars for sale??

Also I realize the Challenger is fat and not as fast as the 5.0 but I just love the styling of the car and Im not afraid to mod the 5.7L that comes with it.

Supra
Master

Rob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »

You already know my opinion doug Smiley

-2013 Mustang GT 5.0 / 6MT / Recaro's / Roush Supercharged
-1990 Toyota Hilux 4x4
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 01:13:32 AM »

The Mustang and Challenger would be good options because they would most likely be under the factory warranty.  I always encourage people to "think outside the box."  But keeping factors like parts and service availability is essential, especially with something like a Maserati ! 

Btw how do you get your links to display like when you post cars for sale??

BB Code allows for attaching a hyperlink to an image.

[ url= the web address for whatever page you are linking ][ img ] the web address for the image you want displayed [/img][/url]  (I've added spaces next to each bracket so you can see the line, remove the spaces when you insert web addresses).

You should be able to see the lines I type for the ad below if you click "quote."

This is another suggestion, by the way.  Click for the ad !

And along those same lines as above .  .  .

Click for the ad !

This is the "Extreme" supercharged car !

Something about 550 hp that makes me smile !

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

You already know my opinion doug Smiley

The 5.0 of course! I really like them but I also like the Dodge! Cool thing is that I can test drive my buddies 5.0 to really get a feel for it before I go get one.

The Mustang and Challenger would be good options because they would most likely be under the factory warranty.  I always encourage people to "think outside the box."  But keeping factors like parts and service availability is essential, especially with something like a Maserati ! 

BB Code allows for attaching a hyperlink to an image.

[ url= the web address for whatever page you are linking ][ img ] the web address for the image you want displayed [/img][/url]  (I've added spaces next to each bracket so you can see the line, remove the spaces when you insert web addresses).

You should be able to see the lines I type for the ad below if you click "quote."

This is another suggestion, by the way.  Click for the ad !

And along those same lines as above .  .  .

Click for the ad !

This is the "Extreme" supercharged car !

Something about 550 hp that makes me smile !

Thanks OCAC! I like the Saleen suggestions, they look really nice. However I think I would buy a used 2005-2009 GT500 for the prices they are asking.  I am still thinking about other options. I kinda thought about getting a used vehicle with low mileage that's not new. Ex S2000, BMW 3 series, or a truck with low mileage so that I can use it to tow the Mustang around if I keep it lol.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: