theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Read Hot Rod magazine?  (Read 2128 times)
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »

Noticed in the latest issue they had a preview for cars that were going to be at SEMA this year. The one that caught my eye was one that was apparently there last year in the early stages, but is supposed to be there finished this year. Blew my mind.

A '32 Ford roadster, tube chassis, killer suspension and a 900hp Jon Kaase 600ci Boss 429.

With All Wheel Drive. 

Now that sounds like a hoot.

Here it is earlier, supposed to be there finished this year. Wow!

http://blogs.hotrod.com/all-wheel-drive-boss-429-gonzo-1932-ford-roadster-from-fuller-hot-rods-at-sema-2013-90855.html

They're planning on racing it in many different series and then taking to Bonneville to see what it will do.

Sounds like a hoot to drive to local cruise in, lol. And that's a whole lot of rubber, but I guess it takes a lot to put down power from a Kaase Boss Nine, lol.

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »

That thing looks so badass. I would keep it the way it is in those photos, with the exception of a floorboard.

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »

I agree, especially concerning the floor.  It looks like the driver is sitting right on top of the transfer case.  The possibility of an exploding driveshaft looks scary.  That's a beautiful machine .  .  .

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »

I agree, especially concerning the floor.  It looks like the driver is sitting right on top of the transfer case.  The possibility of an exploding driveshaft looks scary.  That's a beautiful machine .  .  .

Those pics are from last year when it was in the early stages of the build, just cobbled together in a mock up, its supposed to be completed this year for SEMA in full blown driving, racing trim.

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »

I dont read the magazine, but i do subscribe to their youtube channel. pretty cool stuff on there. Cant wait to see this thing in action

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: