theautolounge.net
January 18, 2018, 09:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Memoryville USA, Rolla, Missouri, February 6, 2005 . . .  (Read 17500 times)
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »

And finally, I arrived at the Restoration shop. 

The shop was closed on Sundays.  So the only pics I could get were from peaking in through the windows.  Looks like there were quite a few projects in the shop in various stages of completion.

This is the upholstery area of the shop.

I see the trunk lid of a '61 Chevrolet Belair on the table, a high-dollar Maserati under the plastic tarp, and a '69 Camaro off to the left.

Not sure what this area of the shop was.  But I see a couple of saws.  Woodworking maybe ?  Don't remember.

The hallway leading back to the offices was lined with old photos and magazine ads. 

I like the old magazine advertisements from back in the day.  Pierce-Arrow, Packard, Lincoln, and Chrysler Imperial were among the finest cars money could buy.

One wall was dedicated to the work done by the shop.  There are a lot of great machines shown here.

And with that, my tour had come to an end.  The facility closed in 2009, but the building still stands housing Big-O-Tires and Nature Girls Health Foods.  I'm glad I got to see Memoryville USA before it closed.

Thanks for reading .  .  .

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: