theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:21:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac's bike  (Read 4841 times)
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »

I went on a very long ride today, about 7 hours. We had 6 guys, but some people left at certain points, some went the wrong way, and we soon found ourselves in the middle of a nice paradise with two pretty bikes...

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »

That's wonderful !  That's the kind of picture I would make a photo mural of and put it in my living room .  .  .

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »

So I went a little crazy on Black Friday for the lady in my life Lily...

Waiting on two more parts, and then I will throw some pics up. They won't be here 'till just before Christmas...

I also did a 12 hour ride a few weeks ago. We met at 6 am in Tempe, and headed East. We were going to ride the Devils Highway, which is one of the best motorcycle roads in the country. We stopped a few times along the way, met a bunch of people, and finally went on the Devils Highway. It was very slow, windy turns. A lot of people have a 'weaker' turn. For example, my buddy laid down his bike years ago making a right turn, so his right turns are pretty terrible. I have the same with left turns, I just don't feel 100% comfortable. I can keep up, but my line may be a little off. It is kind of like having a dominant hand, although not so drastic. If you weren't paying attention to my line, you probably wouldn't notice. It was a great ride, and we ate lunch in Alpine, which is right next to the border with New Mexico.

We were surrounded by a few other bikers and locals. We talked with some bikers and particularly with one group of older guys, all about 50, riding sport bikes, which is not that common. They decided to take 5 days off work and make a little trip, a big circle. Before I had a bike, I would have looked at these guys and probably ignored them. Now, we all talked like we were good friends. After eating lunch, we realized we were still 6 hours away from home, that was a little rough. We were originally going to camp out in Alpine, but one guy had to work early the next morning. We rode all the way back, and while I thought it cost a lot of money because of all the fuel stops, it was actually not bad at all! I like these $10 fill ups. I walked in my house just after 6 pm, a long, but very fun day. Anyways, here are some pics right after the highway. Sorry about the dirtiness of Lily, she was made to be ridden.

Also went on a ride past Payson. We literally just laid in the grass for a while, it was amazing.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:04:50 PM by RatherBNarizona » Logged

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »

Sounds like a great ride !  I love a long road trip like that !  For my birthday in 2008, my wife and I hopped in the car and drove from our home in Columbia, Missouri all the way to Chicago to have lunch at Navy Pier and take in the sights.  We left Columbia around 6 AM and arrived in Chicago around noon.  After lunch, I think we toured until around 3 PM then drove back home. 

Enjoy that aspect of your life as much as you can.  Your mental well-being will benefit greatly .  .  .

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »

Sounds like a great ride !  I love a long road trip like that !  For my birthday in 2008, my wife and I hopped in the car and drove from our home in Columbia, Missouri all the way to Chicago to have lunch at Navy Pier and take in the sights.  We left Columbia around 6 AM and arrived in Chicago around noon.  After lunch, I think we toured until around 3 PM then drove back home. 

Enjoy that aspect of your life as much as you can.  Your mental well-being will benefit greatly .  .  .

I was just at that Navy Pier last month haha.
We love getting out there and clearing our heads. We don't even have to be going fast, just the feeling of going down an open road, cresting over a hill, and see the beautiful open land in front of you makes it all worth it. It makes you feel like you are living.

Mac
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »

Got my goodies!

-Tinted windscreen, JPR gold levers, CF Gel Seat, Watsens LED signals, CW integerated smoked taillight, Jardine RT-1 exhaust (removed exup valve, opened up the baffle all the way, got a tune).

More photos on my Flickr, but I didn't want to flood this thread, so here are a few:

And because I know how much you dirty girls want to hear Lily now... it's a lot louder in person.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XG8_ZxriDQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XG8_ZxriDQ</a>

Mac
irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »

That is a sweet bike. Like the mods. Still looks as nice as it did stock

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »

Thanks bud! My plan was to keep it as 'clean' as possible, I wanted smooth and low-key, but also with subtle details. I think I am pretty much done, maybe rear sets and a gold chain down the road, but she's pretty much done for a while.

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

You definitely succeeded in the "clean as possible" aspect !  Looks awesome .  .  .

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: