theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 11:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac's bike  (Read 4839 times)
Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 02:23:48 AM »

That is a good way of looking at it.
Lookin forward to see more of her

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 01:22:06 AM »

I'm liking the philosophy.  Great job all around .  .  .

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 11:52:03 PM »

Good news.

After a very hectic week, I put on my new GB racing protection bundle, which includes frame sliders, and my new fairings (plastics)!
I also received my tire stand as well as some smaller pieces.

The only issue that is bothering me with the bike is that in warmer air, it is running hot, especially at low speeds. It is not in the red, but it is not normal. I checked the coolant level and did an oil change, and still no change. It is not really that big of an issue, but enough to bother me. I have read around that there are some pieces that I need to look at, so I will investigate further. Not a big concern, but a concern nonetheless.

I am also ordering my pair of Watsen's tomorrow. It will be a few months before I get them. To those unfamiliar, they are blinkers. Very expensive, custom, sleek looking blinkers. Being custom and coming from Canada, it will be a few months before them come in. They are custom for your bike, colored, and are VERY bright.

That is essentially the last piece I would like to do to the bike. Maybe small mods like a window tint. There is also the question of the exhaust. I plan to track it down the road, and if I get the exhaust I want, it is too loud for the track. My mechanic is telling me to keep it the way it is, and I am going to think it over for a few months.

I rode it today with a buddy on a long ride. It was AWESOME knowing that it is everything I want it to be. He has also been teaching me to become a better rider, so between learning the new bike and pushing myself, it is a fascinating process. He commented that he is going to attach a GoPro sometime soon, and I may bring out my camera one of these days.

Here are Watsen's: (Not my bike, stock photo)

Mac
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »

Good news.

After a very hectic week, I put on my new GB racing protection bundle, which includes frame sliders, and my new fairings (plastics)!
I also received my tire stand as well as some smaller pieces.

The only issue that is bothering me with the bike is that in warmer air, it is running hot, especially at low speeds. It is not in the red, but it is not normal. I checked the coolant level and did an oil change, and still no change. It is not really that big of an issue, but enough to bother me. I have read around that there are some pieces that I need to look at, so I will investigate further. Not a big concern, but a concern nonetheless.

I am also ordering my pair of Watsen's tomorrow. It will be a few months before I get them. To those unfamiliar, they are blinkers. Very expensive, custom, sleek looking blinkers. Being custom and coming from Canada, it will be a few months before them come in. They are custom for your bike, colored, and are VERY bright.

That is essentially the last piece I would like to do to the bike. Maybe small mods like a window tint. There is also the question of the exhaust. I plan to track it down the road, and if I get the exhaust I want, it is too loud for the track. My mechanic is telling me to keep it the way it is, and I am going to think it over for a few months.

I rode it today with a buddy on a long ride. It was AWESOME knowing that it is everything I want it to be. He has also been teaching me to become a better rider, so between learning the new bike and pushing myself, it is a fascinating process. He commented that he is going to attach a GoPro sometime soon, and I may bring out my camera one of these days.

Here are Watsen's: (Not my bike, stock photo)

Being where you are may be the reason for it running hotter. You could check a few things, maybe the coolant needs to be drained and replaced, the mixture may be off where someone has added water instead of coolant. Also check the radiator cap, maybe even replace it if its not too expensive just as a preventative measure. If the spring in it has gotten weak it may not be keeping the system pressurized as much as it should be which will lower you're coolant's boiling point. Of course make sure your fan is cycling like it should too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:12:31 AM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »

All good stuff, I'll check it out, thanks!

You are very right about where I live. On toasty days here, it jumps up at lower speeds. At highway speeds, it us just one bar above normal. When I slow, it is just below the red. When I ride in cooler temps, it is not an issue. So it could all be about these hot summer days.

Mac
Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 02:23:09 AM »

did you just say your exhaust is too LOUD for the  track??? whaaa??? 

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »

did you just say your exhaust is too LOUD for the  track??? whaaa??? 

Quite a few tracks have decibel level limits, especially when they are close to urban areas, homes etc. and time limits or set hours and days when they can operate.

Basically a bunch of rich fuckers built mansions and subdivisions out in the middle of nowhere and then started bitching because a race track that was already there is making too much noise. 

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »

^ Exactly. The few around here all have decibel levels I think.

Just to clarify, the stock exhaust I have on it now is fine, but if I get the one I want, then it would be over the limit.

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »

Quite a few tracks have decibel level limits, especially when they are close to urban areas, homes etc. and time limits or set hours and days when they can operate.

Basically a bunch of rich fuckers built mansions and subdivisions out in the middle of nowhere and then started bitching because a race track that was already there is making too much noise. 

I believe that's exactly what happened to the former Athens Speedway here in town.  And I also want to say that's exactly what happened to Mid-America Raceway outside of Wentzville, Missouri .  .  .

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »

That's exactly what they tried here but I don't think it worked.

Can't wait to see the bike when you get all the goodies on it. Progress pics are good too.
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »

I ran into a buddy at dinner on Friday night who I used to attend some car shows with. I found out that he is into bikes now, so I invited him to a show last night. He showed up with this...
I have a new riding buddy, and we will be doing rolling shots soon!

Mac
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »

This is great stuff !  I offer my congratulations .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »

Nice, looking forward to seeing more!
About the track noise, haha yeah you'd figure a racetrack would be where your allowed to be loud. The drag strip i go to, has to close at midnight,  do to  city noise ordinance. Until then you can be as loud as you want.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Laminator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 10:27:28 AM »

Nice work, it's good to have someone else to ride with.

My MV is 105db from the factory! Too loud for track days here in the UK, 105db limit. The exhaust I'm looking at getting is even louder!

Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

I ran into a buddy at dinner on Friday night who I used to attend some car shows with. I found out that he is into bikes now, so I invited him to a show last night. He showed up with this...
I have a new riding buddy, and we will be doing rolling shots soon!

Two great looking bikes!  I know they sound great, too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: