theautolounge.net
December 12, 2017, 09:50:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another car collection unearthed after decades . . .  (Read 2462 times)
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:32:40 AM »

The same company that handled the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction last year is advertising another collection that will be hitting the auction block next month.

Click for the ad !

The story is familiar.  Oliver Jordan ran a salvage yard in Enid, Oklahoma during the 1940s and 1950s and amassed a collection of 220 cars, mainly pre-war.  And like the Lambrecht scenario, once the yard closed, the cars sat untouched for 61 years.  But unlike the Lambrecht cars, these all appear to be projects.  Jordan died in 2004.  His widow Ruby died last year.  The entire collection will be auctioned off on June 7, 2014.

Check out this Autoweek article for more information.  The K-Series Lincoln will probably bring a bunch, even in the state it's in. I want the Continental Mark II, (in the background in the photo below).

I also suspect the supercharged Cords to generate a lot of interest .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

wow 220 cars! they actually don't look that bad! I know, a ton of restoration work will have to be done on each, but the humidity there must not be very high, there isn't very much rust on them. That's a good find, Oldcarsarecool, and really drives home the point of your username. I seen a few cars from the 50's and 60's driving around this weekend, could you imagine if cars from the 40's were higher in numbers, how awesome it would be to see them driving around town, instead of in a museum.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:09:56 AM »

I've always been a big fan of the pre-war era.  And yes, it would be awesome to see them out and about more often.  I am of the mindset that a car was designed and built to be driven.  So the extremely rare 1937 K-Series Lincoln would get driven to work on occasion.  

Here is a link to the auction list:  Auction List PDF file

And here is a link to the photos of everything:  Photos shown on VanDerBrink's website
(If you're searching for a lot number that has a letter, the letter must be entered in upper case).

Incidentally, the 1937 K-Series Lincoln, lot # 220, appears to show conflicting information.  VanDerBrink is calling it a 7-passenger limousine with an all-aluminum body by Willoughby.  According to my Encyclopedia of American Cars, however, body style 357A listed in the description is actually a long wheelbase 7-passenger sedan.  The Willoughby car would be body style 369 .  .  .

I would own this in a heartbeat !

It's a project, but it's all there .  .  .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: