theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 05:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Racer91's 04 Buick Regal GS  (Read 6859 times)
racer91
Master

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:32:29 AM »

Picked up a 04 Buick Regal GS a few months back. 94K miles, 3.8 S/C, leather, etc etc. Body is a little rough, but it'll do for a daily. Work done so far is pass tie rod, new pads/rotors up front, oil change, air filter/cabin changed, serp/ S/C belt replaced (serp was cracked).

Plans include fixing a few electricial issues (blinker blinks fast and bulb stays on, pass side window motor inop, drivers side window switch sticky, running light inop, fog lamps not existant, cruise inop (might be brake light)), trans flush, ZZP downpipe (purchased, not installed), intake, colder Tstat/plugs, ZZP PCM, and a 3.4 pulley. And possibly different rims, not a huge fan. Maybe bonneville GXP/impala ss rims or something IDK.

not used to this fancy high speed climate control still, i prefer simple buttons and knobs.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:10:56 AM »

Those cars were pretty fast in their day.  Believe it or not, there appears to be quite a bit of support for them as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPiP28ozOKQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPiP28ozOKQ</a>

A signal light blinking really fast, or a bulb that stays on when it is supposed to blink is usually a sign of a burnt out bulb somewhere in that circuit.  I don't know how many bulbs you have at each position on the car.  But make sure all of them work.  By this I mean that if you have two bulbs that are supposed to light up when you hit a particular signal, make sure both are working.  If only one works, the signal may blink fast .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »

sweet grab man, sleeper city. sounds like you just filled out a 5988E, or a 2404. anyone know what those are, without googling or bing or even searching???

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »

I'll guess income tax forms.  Honestly, I have no clue, but the numbers sounded appropriate .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:36:30 AM »

haha no i figured somebody would get it by now. For the military 5988E is like a checklist for doing preventative maintenance checks and services, you write down everything wrong with the vehicle, and use abbreviations, INOP is used quite frequently lol obviously short for inoperable

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:10:37 AM »

Yep pmcs. With my job I fill out 2446's, 759-whatever's, 2446's, review 4186's and 175's. And a lot more, lol.

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:14:33 AM »

also IDK what GM was thinking when they designed this. the hole is where the O2 sensor goes

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »

haha no i figured somebody would get it by now. For the military 5988E is like a checklist for doing preventative maintenance checks and services, you write down everything wrong with the vehicle, and use abbreviations, INOP is used quite frequently lol obviously short for inoperable

Oh yes .  .  . I'm very familiar with the word "inop."  It's firmly entrenched in my vocabulary at this point .  .  .

also IDK what GM was thinking when they designed  -   insert the component of your choosing that you see on a regular basis that just makes you scratch your head and think "someone actually got paid to do this  ?  ?  ?"    -

Fixed .  .  .

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 04:48:50 AM »

Drove to drill this weekend, averaged about 25 MPG going about 80. notbad.jpg

also got to drive a humvee this weekend, drives like a wide hardboiled turd. I cant imagine how the mrap drives

the first one didn't even start so they had to jump it with the slave cable and it wouldnt stay running, the trans light was also flashing.

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:48 AM »

MRAPS put the old turd box to shame. they can hual ass. with the engines they have in them most models have some good get up n go to them. even with theextra uparmor in theater. just gotta watch that independant suspension, it breaks a lot.

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »

MRAPS put the old turd box to shame. they can hual ass. with the engines they have in them most models have some good get up n go to them. even with theextra uparmor in theater. just gotta watch that independant suspension, it breaks a lot.

I was instructed not to turn the wheel at a stop for fear of snapping the wheel off 

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »

Went and got food. Came back ate and went to leave again and was misfiring pretty bad at low rpm. didnt drive it far. code shows #3 misfire, #3 injector. broke the boot pulling the plug in the dark. Plug/wire looked fine, going to inspect #6 tomorrow as well, seems like ill have to order injector O rings soon too 

hopefully its electrical or an injector, i really dont want to tear much apart

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Sounds like an injector from what you describe.  A misfire code by itself could be a plug or wire or a coil pack.  If you have a code for an injector fault, that would cause the misfire code.  An injector is a good place to start .  .  .

Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:25:55 AM »

Hopefully you get her figured out!

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »

Your Regal GS is a cool sleeper.  I hope you can get its issues resolved without too much hassle.

I was really impressed with Buick at the last car show I attended.  They had a new Regal turbo with a 6-speed stick!

I enjoyed reading about your Hummer drive! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: