theautolounge.net
January 20, 2018, 06:51:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Cory's Chrysler 200  (Read 7207 times)
Lone Fox

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »

(June 2013 pictures)
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »

Three months into ownership and apprx 3,000 miles, nothing to report. Oil consumption appears non-existent. Still has some road noise (I'm hoping its the mismatched tire).

Averaging 24.9 MPG on the EVIC.
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »

Looking good, how would you rate it compared to your Honda? Is it better or will time tell?  I like the styling that these cars have, nothing fancy but not ugly.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:18:49 AM »

Quite impressive !  I give Chrysler a lot of credit as of late.  And forgive me, but what is EVIC ?

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:50:02 PM »

Quite impressive !  I give Chrysler a lot of credit as of late.  And forgive me, but what is EVIC ?

I assumed he was referring to the dashboard readout. Maybe Electronic Vehicle Information Center? 

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »

Looking good, how would you rate it compared to your Honda? Is it better or will time tell?  I like the styling that these cars have, nothing fancy but not ugly.

To me it looks better in person.
I like it a better than my Honda. Not entirely a fair comparison since the Honda was 8 years older (10 years if you count its introduction year). Even feels sportier. I can only assume it wont be as reliable, and my average MPG is down - but that figures considering its weight and V6 powerplant.

Quite impressive !  I give Chrysler a lot of credit as of late.  And forgive me, but what is EVIC ?

thnks. As you know, the car still sits on the old Sebring platform, but being I've spent many hours in a Sebring (fleet vehicle) I cant tell the vast improvement.

The all new 2015 200 is suppose to be introduced January 2014.

I assumed he was referring to the dashboard readout. Maybe Electronic Vehicle Information Center?  

He huh... no, for now I prefer to be refereed to as a she. I've always felt female, and I'm saving up for sex reassignment surgery
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:43:37 PM by Lone Fox » Logged
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:50 AM »

He huh... no, for now I prefer to be refereed to as a she. I've always felt female, and I'm saving up for sex reassignment surgery.

lmao

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atS2DU0WdOM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atS2DU0WdOM</a>

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

Anybody else have foam in their engine bay? Located on the side fenders just up to the backside of the wheel well, and semi-wrapped around the engine block just underneath the engine cover?

I wonder what other easter eggs I will find.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »

Anybody else have foam in their engine bay? Located on the side fenders just up to the backside of the wheel well, and semi-wrapped around the engine block just underneath the engine cover?

I wonder what other easter eggs I will find.

Not that I've noticed, but then again the engine in mine is so damned big you probably couldn't fit any in there if you wanted to. 

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 02:48:32 AM »

my guess is its there to reduce engine noise. But I'll have to take a look at my mom's 200 this week to investigate further.

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 02:46:51 AM »

oh, that's what its for; just wondering what other manufacturers are doing (if applicable).
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

Just landed back home from Louisville, Kentucky - computer was reading 34 MPG, but. . . just wondering how what everyones take is on how accurate on-board MPG readouts are?

oh, damn thing reaches 80mph too quick  Grin
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 12:09:04 AM »

Just landed back home from Louisville, Kentucky - computer was reading 34 MPG, but. . . just wondering how what everyones take is on how accurate on-board MPG readouts are?

I actually think they're quite accurate.  It seems that the long term accuracy  -  i.e. average mpg over several tank-fulls  -  is probably more accurate than what you would calculate at each fill-up .  .  .

oh, damn thing reaches 80mph too quick  Grin

Ah yes.  Such is the biggest benefit of having 283 hp in a car with 6 forward gears and a 3.16 final drive.  It's probably quite peppy .  .  .

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »

I actually think they're quite accurate.  It seems that the long term accuracy  -  i.e. average mpg over several tank-fulls  -  is probably more accurate than what you would calculate at each fill-up .  .  .

Well, I actually reset the system comp MPG every time I fill up on gasoline; mainly because I keep a spreadsheet log on my computer.

Ah yes.  Such is the biggest benefit of having 283 hp in a car with 6 forward gears and a 3.16 final drive.  It's probably quite peppy .  .  .

Maybe even considered a "sleeper"?
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:48 AM »

I'm surprised I made it this far, but I finally caved in and decided to do something about the not soo good stock audio system.

Just took out the cheap 2.5" dash speakers and replaced it with a 3.5" coaxile (Kicker 40CS354). I'm not a Kicker fan, but for $20 I will try theme out.

stock Boston Acoustics

kicker 40CS354

Significant improvement from the stock 2.5" speaker. Chimers and details are more apparent, sounsgtage is lifted up. Nothing fancy, but I'm glad I changed them. I put a capacitor inline so I don't know how they would sound without, but more than enough volume for me and no fatiguing.

If you look closely the speaker doesn't fit flush (left screw), I will have to trim the plastic guard out of the way. Not really necessary I suppose, since this only plays into the 300hz range and beyond.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: