theautolounge.net
January 20, 2018, 06:50:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerrycobra's 2014 Mazda 6 Touring  (Read 5579 times)
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2013, 04:02:09 AM »

Man i haven't been active much in the last few years, feel so disconnected from you guys, quite a bit of stuff to update on I guess in what i did the past few years. i really dunno where to start, so why not with a new ride? haha.  I Got it this Wednesday.  as you can see its the 2014 Mazda 6 in the touring trim, no tech package, in liquid sliver.  sure an upgrade from a 98 metro haha.

i will post a story about it later as i couldn't type or think of a decent one in the last hr, LOL, and if I did its a messy confusing run on sentence Grin

and yes i already posted in the what i got new today thread, but here is the official thread

Pics in post number 10

mods:
-LED Upgrade all around
-35W 5000K Morimoto HIDs
-corksport SRI (Its not installed for now since car doesn't seem to like it compared to stock, even though its made for this engine.  The skyactiv engine is a sensitive SOB, needs a slight tune to make it smoother)
-tints all around
future planned mods
-plastic dip rims
-axle back exhaust
-1" spring drop
-chassis braces

If mazda decides to put a 6cyl or a turbo 4 into the 6 I might consider a trade in to that one
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:23:42 AM by Jerrycobra » Logged

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »

love these cars. Looking forward to the story (and what you have been up to!) Smiley

Mac
MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »

Ditto, and more pics!

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:59:38 AM »

I offer my congratulations, and look forward to the read .  .  .

Scooby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

damn, thats a really nice car....congratz...
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »

Wow Jerry, I hadn't seen one of those before you posted that pic. I just saw a commercial for it and DAMN! That is a good looking car!!

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »

thanks guys. its been long. i haven't really been active much after the streetfire days.  I just haven't really got back into the groove since then, but i will try to.  So whats new? well i graduated HS back in 2010, and went to community college for a year, 2010-2011 school year, and decided it's not for me, so summer of 2011 to end of 2012 i went to A&P school (airframe&power plant) to get trained to become an aircraft mechanic. I took my writtens in November of 2012 and took my oral and piratical test in early January 2013, passed and since then been licensed. Now here's the cool part, my school has a career advisor that hooks you up with jobs/interviews.  She called and sent some resumes out to diff companies hiring, and in less than i week i got a call for an interview, and rest is history.  So since 1st week of Feburary this year I have been working at Robinson Helicopters building gearboxes for them. i work 45-49 hrs a week.  So school and work has been very tiring and its hard for me to sometimes get the motivation and energy to post things, but i found some today haha.  

now why the mazda 6? what about the mustang? didn't i always die for one? its my user name too.  well I decided i wanted something more practical, roomy, while still looking good, handles decently, and wont kill me in insurance.  And the six was the answer.  It looks amazing for a sedan, its not too expensive, handles really well, got decent power, and very practical.  I personally do not like SUVs too much and prefer the lines of sedans, so another reason with a sedan.  I could have picked a compact but they are too small and lack the power i want after I test drove a few, yes there is the speed 3, focus ST but I am lazy to drive manuals, and insurance.  I was set to get a fusion but the mazda 6 just killed it in looks when it came out, plus the layout, trims and features are much better.

also while looking at the Focus Ford pretty much disappointed me with their stupid nickle and diming.  you want rear disk brakes and manualmatic? ok buy the $2000 package, want a touch screen? ok 2000 more, and now it cost as much as a mazda 6 touring, lol

haven't taken more pics yet, gotta find a nice place, but I will post a filler, lol here it is next to my friend's CX5

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:53:37 PM by Jerrycobra » Logged

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:04 PM »

Good to hear man! Check in more often.
It's interesting to hear what members are up to nowadays since a lot of us grew up with each other.

Mac
Scooby

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:13:34 AM »

I said it once and I'll say it again...your car looks amazing.....
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 01:52:19 AM »

This is good to hear !  Your experience at A&P school is what I experienced when I went to the Greater Altoona Career & Tech Center (GACTC).  Adult students get to utilize the services of the Career Services Department.  The idea is the same as what you mentioned - they make employment contacts for students.  We were also able to get assistance with everything from resume and cover letter writing, to how to prepare for an interview, to help transitioning into a "new career."  It's definitely a great service.

I offer my congratulations ! 

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

I took it out to Palos Verdes for a cruise and stopped to take some pics

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »

thats a sharp looking car, I still haven't seen one in person yet

bowtie
Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »

I haven't seen any on the road either... the mysteries of the American sedan buyers, they don't always know a good car when they see one:

Mazda6
Kizashi

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »

yea the 3rd gen is still not a very common car. I live in Los Angeles, and i have only seen maybe 4-6 of them since it came out, not counting mine

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »

Congrats on the car, I know the feeling of not having a car to call yours. I like the paint color, I suggest trying some Griots best of car show wax to really bring out the shine on it. I used that stuff on my grandfathers silver Tahoe and it came out real good.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: