theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrysler 200  (Read 2767 times)
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

I agree with you - the look is dictated by the current styling trends.  It looks good, but not unique by any standard.  The exterior looks like Chrysler is taking a universal design theme and trying to make their version stand out.  Personally, I find the inside of the car pretty nice. 

Car interiors as a whole have improved dramatically over the last 2 decades.  In an earlier time, the instrument panel was just as much of a blank canvas as the exterior styling.  My 1965 Cadillac used actual metal and chrome all over the dash.  The "Dark Ages" of the 1970s and 1980s emphasized cost-cutting and weight savings to the point where the interior of even the nicest cars was nothing more than a bunch of uninspired plastic.

(1978 Ferrari 308 from ferraris-online.com)

And now that you mention it, I don't remember Chrysler's midsize products ever really getting that much "love" .  .  .

Lone Fox

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »

So WHAT THE FUCK does everyone else think about this car?
Mikey

Shaaazoooo!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »

Well rounded midsize car. Paired with the V6 it should be a fair bit of fun to drive. New 2015 looks sharp and clean to me. I'm not a huge Chrysler guy so I haven't been watching them to much. From the spy shots of the interior and exterior it should provide some much needed competition in the market.
Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

Lone fox like most posts here I haven't commented because I have very little info to go on. That second pic that Todd flipped and reloaded looks like it was taken at my house or at least near it. Without a computer or satellite dish or even a home phone the only contact I have with the world is my wife's shitty cell phone. I don't have enough info to form a good opinion on much of anything. Even here I'm lucky to get enough signal to load all the pics.

Also remember that I'm older and more set in my ways than Todd (no offense) so asking my opinion on something new is never going to turn out well. If I could afford the car I wanted, gas, and maintenance I'd probably never own a car or truck newer than 1977 when everything was downsized. I guess some of that is attributed to being 6'1", 245lbs, and having a 6'3" wingspan. I also have the legs to match so I think if I hadn't injured my spine as a kid I probably would have been 6'3". Add to that my blown disks, busted shoulders, and permanant disability in my right knee and I'm the last guy you want to ask about a small car of any kind.

What I'm saying here is that I read your posts. I read all the new posts. I just try not to answer on the ones I can't get the pics to load or just don't know anything about. Sorry man.
Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 07:12:19 AM »

I hope you didn't take that as a rant towards you or against you in any way. I'm sorry if you did because it wasn't meant that way. I was just trying to get across how screwed up my situation is at the moment. I know it will get better one day but things are completely upside down for my wife and I right now.

Axe
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: