theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: VW Taking Over the World Official Thread  (Read 4287 times)
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »

https://news.fidelity.com/news/news.jhtml?cat=Top.Investing.RT&articleid=200907180743RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_TRE56H1AM_1&IMG=Y
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:10:07 AM by Elmo187 » Logged

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:37:47 PM »

Interesting because Porsche was just in the process of buying large portions of VW. I guess its all in the family either way.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:34:57 AM »

After the battle with Porsche which finaly Volkswagen has won by turning around who eats who it looks like that Volkswagen is still hungry for more..
Yesterday Volkswagen CEO claims that Volkswagen wants to buy 10%stocks of Suzuki, if Suzuki does not join a joint venture with Volkswagen, Volkswagen is interested in Suzukis Kei car platform technology and in return Volkswagen can deliver Suzuki a wide range of latest diesel technology engines.

For Porsche he plans three new models... one model under the Boxster, a small SUV(based on Tiguan or Q5) under the Cayenne and one more model of the Panamera... goal is to increase Porsche sales from 98,600 in 2008 to 150,000 in 2012 or 2013
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »

Its hard for me to visualize a VW & suzuki merge even of limited porportions. Its hard because suzuki car haev never had a huge presence here in the states. They are a small player so to understand that, I would like to know what size of presence they have in other countries.

Also, doesnt japan hae rules as to the amount of ownership a non-national company can hold? Therefore, can they ever own more than the initial 10%?

I dont think that matters with VW/porsche, as they are both AG. Maybe he european union may have anti competion issues though. By the way, is that VW/porsche deal done yet? Too lazy to peruse reuters.

As far as porsche expanding their line, they should be very careful about that. Porsche here anyway is famous for its sports cars, not so much the other offerings. Line expansion is not always the way to increase business.

spowrd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »

Suzuki? Why? They suck.

01.5 Audi S4 2.7TT 6MT
98 VW Jetta GLX VR6 5MT
84 VW Jetta GLi
09 VW Jetta S
67 VW Karmann Ghia
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee
84 Mazda RX-7 12A 5MT
00 Audi S4 6MT <<<<<<<<< For SALE!!!
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »

Suzuki? Why? They suck.

Exactly my thoughts.

nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 09:24:20 AM »

according to Autocar UK VW has outproduced Toyota in the first nine months of 2009.
figures from industry analyst Global Insight.

According to them VW Group has produced in the first nine months 4.4million cars and Toyota some 4.0million cars. Ford is listed as world wide number 3 in the first 9months of 2009 with 3.7million and GM 4. with 3.6million produced vehicles.

Part of this success is that VW production increased by 34% in the first 9months 2009 or 622,743units.

VW did not comment this as they were asked by autocar to comment that.... but they confirmed their own production numbers.

VW long term plan was to become world wide number one by 2018... which made most people laught, would like to know what they say now after VW reached their goals 9 years early?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/244746/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:06:26 AM by nagmashot » Logged
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »

That is awesome. Just another reason VW is awesome.

MayberrySS
Grand Master

RIP 98 Z28!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »

Yay! I work at the VW Autohaus...they don't pay me enough....min wage sucks     Angry

2001 Camaro SS H/C/I/E
nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »

it is officel officel...

Volkswagen buys 19.9% stake in Suzuki

press release

Volkswagen and Suzuki agreed to establish a comprehensive partnership
Important step towards the future for both companies

Tokyo/Wolfsburg, December 9, 2009 - Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft and Suzuki Motor Corporation have reached a common understanding to establish a close longterm strategic partnership. A framework agreement has been signed by
representatives of both companies today.

In terms of global presence and product diversity, the partnership marks an important step towards the future for both Volkswagen and Suzuki. In terms of product portfolio, global distribution and manufacturing capacities, Volkswagen and Suzuki ideally complement each other. The companies plan a joint approach to the growing worldwide demand for more
environmentally friendly vehicles. The management of Volkswagen and Suzuki have concluded that the complementary strengths of each company make for a perfect fit in exploiting their respective advantages as well as rising to the challenge of the global market. In the automotive industry, where globalization and diversification proceed in parallel, both companies will establish a cooperative relationship while respecting each other's independence as a stand-alone entity. Both parties are focused on achieving synergies in the areas of rapidly growing emerging markets as well as in the development and manufacturing of innovative and environmentally friendly compact cars.

To support a smooth development of this relationship, Volkswagen will purchase 19.9% of Suzuki's issued shares. The Closing of the transaction is subject to approval of the relevant authorities and is expected in January 2010. Suzuki intends to invest up to one half of the amount received from Volkswagen into shares of Volkswagen. Both companies will form a
long-term strategic partnership based on this which will support their successful strategies in these challenging times.
As demand continues to rise for smaller cars and for powertrains with higher fuel efficiency and lower CO2 output, Volkswagen and Suzuki will offer a compelling solution for customers in emerging markets buying a car for the first time and also for customers in advanced economies seeking to lower their CO2 footprint while still enjoying the freedom of transport offered by an exciting range of cars.

A press conference will be held on 5 pm in Tokyo together with a webcast which will be available on http://www.primestage.net/hosting/VW-Tokyo/

Company information
Suzuki is the world leader in the mini-car segment: with a workforce of approximately 51,000, the company sold 2.3 million vehicles and 3.1 million motorcycles in the 2008/2009 financial year (to March 31), generating sales revenue of €20.9 billion and an operating profit of €534 million. Suzuki operates 35 production facilities in Japan and other countries such as
Indonesia, India, China, Thailand and Spain.

In fiscal year 2008 Volkswagen, which has a workforce of 370,000, sold 6.3 million vehicles, generating sales revenue of €113.8 billion and achieved an operating profit of €6.3 billion. Volkswagen operates 61 production plants worldwide.

so there was a truthe in the rumors that poped up from time to time the last months..
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 01:04:21 PM »

I just read this on another site, also read that Suzuki bought its share back from GM. Not many people know that Suzuki is the largest producer of engines in the world.
clutch
Forza Master
Administrator
Master

Captain Obvious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »

Ze Germans are taking ovah ze Yapanese. Ja.

irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »

so does that mean there is a possiblity that you will see suzuki motorbikes in vw dealerships?

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

I wouldn't expect bikes in car showrooms. I don't know how it works in Europe, but in the US Suzuki and Honda keep the bikes and cars seperate.
irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »

I wouldn't expect bikes in car showrooms. I don't know how it works in Europe, but in the US Suzuki and Honda keep the bikes and cars seperate.
ya thats how they do it here too with the excption of the dealer that used to have the honda car dealer contract used to have the bike contract too. normally had a honda deauville and a honda pan european in the show room

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: