theautolounge.net
December 12, 2017, 04:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Corvette Stingray  (Read 1648 times)
Lone Fox

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »

It was just unveiled - What do you guys think?

It has the same basic profile since the C4, but it has a more sinister look to it. To me its not necessarily beautiful, maybe a little harsh and wild but I mean that in a good way. Overall I like its edgyness look.

As promised, the interior was given a much needed update in quality and design.

If I have to criticize something aesthetic, it will undoubtedly be its rear end: The taillights are not round but rather angular. They are more Camaro inspired, and I actually expected this because the new Impala and Malibu received the same treatment.

The technology is interesting. The new small block features direct injection, VVT, and cylinder deactivation called "Active Fuel Management". Don't worry, its still torque: at 2,000 rpm its pulling 400 lb-ft!! All new seven-speed manual that incorporates rev-matching both on the downshifts and upshsifts. Its also defeatable via a steering-wheel paddle.

I really want, but I'm a looser Sad
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:26:10 PM by Lone Fox » Logged
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »

I like it, but it's not really... graceful... at all. Pretty wild, kinda cheap ferrari-ish but with essence of white man design in it.
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »

The interior looks awesome, the exterior, a little too boy racer. At least most of those vents are functional. I'll be interested to see how it performs.
ccclassic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

It is absolutely incredible. It almost has a concept car look in comparison to the Corvettes of the past.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: