theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something happening in Tokyo  (Read 1462 times)
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:42:05 AM »

Is the S2000 coming back ?

Honda has announced a strange assortment of cars for the upcoming 2013 Tokyo Auto Salon, which takes place on January 11 in the Japanese capital.

The annual show draws in all the big names in the aftermarket business, as well as some of the OEMS.

While Nissan has already announced it will be presenting a number of exciting sports cars, race cars and lifestyle models at the Tokyo Auto Salon, Honda’s offering reflects the sad state of its current performance car range.

The highlight is the S2000 Modulo Climax, which takes an old S2000 and dresses it up with some new bumpers and a revamped interior. Modulo is the name used for Honda’s range of aftermarket products.

Honda also promises to present a CR-V concept prepped by its official tuning arm Mugen, as well as a CR-Z hybrid hatch enhanced by Mugen and sold in limited numbers overseas. 

Another important vehicle on Honda’s stands will be the retro N-One city car. There will be an N-One racing concept developed by Mugen, another dressed by Modulo and a third created in collaboration with the Japan Nailist Association.

To show that Honda still has some cred when it comes to performance cars, the automaker will also present its HSV-010 GT and Mugen CR-Z GT race cars from the Super GT series.  There will also be an electric motorcycle, dubbed Shinden, which Honda used in Isle of Man TT Races.

For more from the 2013 Tokyo Auto Salon, be sure to check our dedicated show hub.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1081335_s2000-modulo-concept-headlines-hondas-2013-tokyo-auto-salon-lineup

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »

Climax, huh? Sure looks like it took a load of "climax" across the front bumper.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:16:45 PM by Imran » Logged
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »

Maybe this will be another asian only release. Shame. But, maybe like the older nissan GTRs, several may make it over through the black market.

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

It's basically just parts and body kits for the S2000, Honda did this with the NSX for a few years after they killed it. Afterall, they really don't make anything to excite enthusiasts anymore, and the Tokyo Auto Salon is sort of like a Japanese SEMA.
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »

It's basically just parts and body kits for the S2000, Honda did this with the NSX for a few years after they killed it. Afterall, they really don't make anything to excite enthusiasts anymore, and the Tokyo Auto Salon is sort of like a Japanese SEMA.

I noticed that sometime ago. Gone are the RX7, supra, Z car (real Z cars). Japan has lost it automotive testosterone.

MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »

I noticed that sometime ago. Gone are the RX7, supra, Z car (real Z cars). Japan has lost it automotive testosterone.

To Japan's credit the joint venture Subaru-Toyota/Scion may not be the best looking sportscar but it looks like it'd have the fun-to-drive factor with RWD and a stick coupled with a good power to weight ratio.  http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-first-drive-review

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »

I dislike the front and rear bumpers, other than that it looks good. I wonder if its pushing the same 240hp that the old one had.

VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »

It is.

It's just a cosmetic kit for current owners of the car in Japan.

Anyhow...
MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:05 PM »

I dislike the front and rear bumpers, other than that it looks good. I wonder if its pushing the same 240hp that the old one had.

The article says it only has 200 HP but it is very light; only weighs 2700 or 2800 lbs (specs vary between a couple articles).

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »

The article says it only has 200 HP but it is very light; only weighs 2700 or 2800 lbs (specs vary between a couple articles).

My bad I should have read the article more closely. I was skimming over it and didnt see anything about engine choices. 200hp in a lightweight car is nothing to ignore either!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: