theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 10:55:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire damage  (Read 3687 times)
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »

sure...you did want it back with an injected 427 BBC, right?

Only a minor hood mod needed since it has dual throttle bodies on an old dual 4 bbl corvette intake...

Sounds interesting. However, I am still partial to my simple German inline 6. Just enough to get it around brother.  Smiley

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

if you want to stay with german power, we can still step it up to a V12...I know BMW made them. So did mercedes...in fact I know someone with a mercedes V12 sitting on their shop floor... Unfortunately the merceded auto transmissions do not hold up well, behind the 12, but I am sure something could be figured out

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »

if you want to stay with german power, we can still step it up to a V12...I know BMW made them. So did mercedes...in fact I know someone with a mercedes V12 sitting on their shop floor... Unfortunately the mercedes auto transmissions do not hold up well, behind the 12, but I am sure something could be figured out

Speed costs money.  How fast do you want to spend ?

Click for the description !

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »

if you want to stay with german power, we can still step it up to a V12...I know BMW made them. So did mercedes...in fact I know someone with a mercedes V12 sitting on their shop floor... Unfortunately the merceded auto transmissions do not hold up well, behind the 12, but I am sure something could be figured out

The engine is actually in very good shape, providing none of the unseens werent melted. Since I never really stood on the gas pedal, I would be happy to keep the one it has. The 12 banger would generate stupid amounts of heat. I remember the 12 cylinder 7 series, they were famous for overheating.

Todd, I would not need that much firepower for a tranny. Hell, I doubt that would even fit in the car. The 6 is actually fairly small. Believe it or not.  Smiley

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about the insurance thing. Sounds like a really crappy experience. Not only did you lose your car, but everything inside your garage..
What was the cause? Good thing no one was home and your kids are okay.

Hopefully next year is a MUCH better year for you. I hope you hit the lottery..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:23:29 PM by mrs-michelle » Logged

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

The engine is actually in very good shape, providing none of the unseens werent melted. Since I never really stood on the gas pedal, I would be happy to keep the one it has. The 12 banger would generate stupid amounts of heat. I remember the 12 cylinder 7 series, they were famous for overheating.

Todd, I would not need that much firepower for a tranny. Hell, I doubt that would even fit in the car. The 6 is actually fairly small. Believe it or not.  Smiley

I CAN make it fit... I have a torch, a welder, and a machine shop at my disposal... I have put a blown V8 in a vega. I can certainly add something to a car as large as a 6

MayberrySS
Grand Master

RIP 98 Z28!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »

wow man, I am really sorry this happened to you. I don't wish that upon anyone. I always say material items are not the most important things in the world. I am glad no one was hurt or injured. Can't replace a human.

2001 Camaro SS H/C/I/E
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 12:19:51 AM »

Maybe I will send it out to northern california and let the master tinker on it.  Smiley

I like this idea

sure...you did want it back with an injected 427 BBC, right?

Only a minor hood mod needed since it has dual throttle bodies on an old dual 4 bbl corvette intake...

I like this idea more.

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Even if it's without the BBC.

I CAN make it fit... I have a torch, a welder, and a machine shop at my disposal... I have put a blown V8 in a vega. I can certainly add something to a car as large as a 6

Interesting, you mean like this hot wheels car my aunt gave me?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:27:31 AM by Imran » Logged
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »

No idea Michelle as to the cause. They figured out 'where' it started, but, the official take was 'undetermined' as to the cause. Regardless, yes, no one was injured and despite being a detached garage, it could have been a lot worse. The garage has a gas line to it for my heater. The gas was turned off 'IN' the garage, but, the supply was was active up to the turn off valve in the garage. The fire concentrated on the other side of the garage. Had the gas ignited, the line may have filtered back to the main house and ignited that. Worst case sceenario there. Everyone dead at that point. So, The Lord was with us that night.

I may just look into a transport company to see what the cost would be to send it to Northern CA. Lee just looks like has too much time on his hands with his trains. He He

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »

You know Adam, you can stick with BMW power if that is you preference.  I'm sure Lee could work with this idea .  .  .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-dOg04Vf4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-dOg04Vf4</a>

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

I'm glad everyone is ok. Its sad sight seeing your car like that, it was so pristine before

bowtie
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »

Interesting, you mean like this hot wheels car my aunt gave me?

No more like this 20 year old polaroid pic I scanned... Notice it has a cross ram and dual bird catchers sitting side by side. We cut up a marine tunnel ram to make an intake to sit on top of the blower...
You could not see shit driving that thing, but it looked cool as hell

LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »

You know Adam, you can stick with BMW power if that is you preference.  I'm sure Lee could work with this idea .  .  .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-dOg04Vf4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-dOg04Vf4</a>

Was that white car an M5? It was hard to tell but, it sure didnt look like it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: