theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 05:25:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My R/C Junk  (Read 1077 times)
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »

I've been into radio control stuff off and on through the years, tried to get back into in a few months ago and bought a cheap used revo 2.5 off of ebay.

It sit on the self for a while and I decided to hit ebay again for a new body and a couple other odds and ends, I looked around and came across a cheap slayer roller, and thought it looked cool, it was one of those "or best offer" "Buy it Now" auctions, so I sent in an offer and he actually accepted it. I now had 2 trucks and I had lost intrest, again.

a couple days ago I sold my brother the revo,  that renewed my intrest in the hobby so I hit ebay again and picked up the parts to build the slayer the way I wanted.

I picked up a big block kit, a '09 Silverado short corse body, a set of tires and wheels, and a losi 454 big block (mainly to say it had a big block 454 on it  Grin) still waiting on the parts to come in, and I'll post pics when I get the chance, I can't do it from the computer here at work

bowtie
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »

Ran into a problem with the big block kit, the pull start is in the way of the left rear upper a-arm, turns out the traxxas kit is  for bump start engines only, guess i should have researched a little more, i guess i'm going to pick up a non pull start back plate for my engine, and a starter box  .

i have plenty of pics to share, but no way to post them

bowtie
JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »

Its done, and for sale, my brother sold his,i've lost intrest in mine

what i started with

finished product

bowtie
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »

Interesting. I used to buy those for my oldest son sometime ago. He never seemed to have much interest in them, so, I stopped wasting money. I always thought it would be fun for us to R/C together, as a shared hobby. Never happened.

JunkTrader
Master

Jake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »

I really used to like them, but times are changing now, everyone is into the brushless electric, the hobby shop here dosen't even carry fuel anymore

bowtie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: