theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Focus ST Specs and Pricing Released.  (Read 1950 times)
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »

Looks and sounds like a pretty hot little number.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/01/ford-prices-2013-focus-st-from-24-495/

VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »

The price is right, the power is right, the chassis is probably right...but deary me is it dreadful looking. It has far too many overstyled details for my taste. The shape of it is fine, but the taillights and the entire front end are too much. 

Also, the new Focus is way, way too big.

Seriously, I don't know how in the world anyone calls it (or anything else in it's class, frankly) a "compact" any more. The ST weighs 3200 pounds. Read: More than my wife's old '98 Honda Accord, which is a midsizer. The basic Focus weighs 2900.

Seriously, compact? GTFO.

The original Focus is one of my all time favorite American cars, and the SVT was a freaking delight of a vehicle in every single way. I guess I'm just nostalgic and marginally disappointed in how large things have gotten in the car world.

Anyhow...
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »

all cars are pretty much bloated up now. but the brz/frs is like 2700lbs so still a light nimble alternative. decisions decisions

VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »

MX-5 FTW!

Anyhow...
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »

Jeez, it looks like a fit.

The one thing I did find kinda cool was the exhaust pipes. Center placed. Hmmm ... I wonder where they got THAT from.

Grin

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

Jeez, it looks like a fit.

The one thing I did find kinda cool was the exhaust pipes. Center placed. Hmmm ... I wonder where they got THAT from.

Grin

That looks off center to me

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »

That looks off center to me

I was going to say the same thing earlier, but I didn't want to be a smartass. Just not the kind of person I am. 

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »

I don't know about ya'll but, I love it. And I want one!!!!

Ford recently gave Ken Block one, and I think its gorgeous. And in my color too..

The price is right, the power is right, the chassis is probably right...but deary me is it dreadful looking. It has far too many overstyled details for my taste. The shape of it is fine, but the taillights and the entire front end are too much. 

Also, the new Focus is way, way too big.

Seriously, I don't know how in the world anyone calls it (or anything else in it's class, frankly) a "compact" any more. The ST weighs 3200 pounds. Read: More than my wife's old '98 Honda Accord, which is a midsizer. The basic Focus weighs 2900.

Seriously, compact? GTFO.

The original Focus is one of my all time favorite American cars, and the SVT was a freaking delight of a vehicle in every single way. I guess I'm just nostalgic and marginally disappointed in how large things have gotten in the car world.

Thank you. The original Focus was my favorite as well, and when they released the newer ones 05+ I thought they looked gross, and I wanted the newer ones to reflect my year (01). And finally I think they came up with one that reflects my generation of Focus. So I bought one!! And I LOVE IT! Its not much bigger than the one I had, but, thats just me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: