theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:23:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would be relunctent to go for the 8th gen (2008+) Accords.  (Read 5335 times)
Fox
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »

Just look at it.. looks like some strange alien space ship. Two eyes and a small mouth looking at me, wanting to probe me.

What is with Honda's weird interior designs?
MayberrySS
Grand Master

RIP 98 Z28!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »

Doesn't look that much better then a Civic interior.

2001 Camaro SS H/C/I/E
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »

Just look at it.. looks like some strange alien space ship. Two eyes and a small mouth looking at me, wanting to probe me.

What is with Honda's weird interior designs?

We're on our second one currently. It doesn't have the two eyes, it has up/down toggle switches for the left and right temp. I don't really like it, too many freakin' buttons, and I don't like the way they're laid out. It doesn't help that the buttons are so far down below the screen, you have to look down to the buttons, then back up to the screen (which at the top of the dash and deeply sunken in) to see what its doing.
they are much farther away from each other in person than it looks in these pics.

I guess if I drove it more, I'd get more used to where they are. The volume knob also annoys me, in this new one the big knob changes the station and the little knob is volume. Its counter intuitive for me, first instinct when you want to turn the radio down quickly is grab the big knob, but it just changes the station. All of the buttons also creak when you push them (like a plastic against plastic sound). That irritates me for some reason. And other than the toggle switches for temp, the buttons don't feel particularly well made (not the button itself, but the switch behind it that its operating).

Other things I don't like, the seats mainly. They are hard as a whore's heart, I can't ride in it for more than a couple of hours without having to stop and get out for a few minutes. Also don't like the top of door sills, they are way too high.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:14:27 PM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

First time I stepped into one. I thought I was in a spaceship with that many buttons.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »

So I have to say, the touchscreen radio in the GTI is kind of crappy, but it sure does clean the dash up nicely. And the wheel controls are all you need when driving.

Makes the Accord look like a Computer compared to an iPad or something.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »

So I have to say, the touchscreen radio in the GTI is kind of crappy, but it sure does clean the dash up nicely. And the wheel controls are all you need when driving.

The one in the Mustang is pretty good (other than collecting fingerprints GRRRRR). Laid out really well and easy to see and learn. Really fast to respond and light touch. The switches/buttons also feel like they're much higher quality and solid than the Accord.

(Stupid flash, it was dark)

Like you say the steering wheel controls are all you really need. Especially with SYNC, you just push one button and tell it who you want to call, what you want to listen to, what you want the temp to be, where you want to go, etc. After you get used to the prompts, you can adjust them to a more advanced level, and she doesn't respond unless you ask for something the system doesn't understand, it just goes strait to whatever you wanted to do. I was actually surprised how intuitive the system is, and I was shocked that it understands me fine even with my accent. Only time it struggles is if you have the windows down and are moving at a pretty good clip.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:50:30 AM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

Fox
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »

Little knob is volume and big knob changes the station, and right next to each other Who's idea was that?

I can't comment on the functionality of the new Accord's, but it... looks so darn strange and ugly.

^ The good old days?
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »

I loved my Jetta's Navi. Should be similar to the GTI but it lacked the touchscreen which made things harder to use.

I think all VW/Audi interiors look great with the Navi option.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »

I think all VW/Audi interiors look great

I think you can pretty much just stop there, honestly. VAG kills at interior design. Everyone has been playing catch-up for a few years now. VW just lowered material quality to get sales, which is a shame, but damn they still look good and are laid out well.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »

get a TSX you cheap fuck  Grin

Fox
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:29:28 AM »

get a TSX you cheap fuck  Grin

You know.. not a bad idea 
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »

shit there's stealerships here that do 1.9% financing and warranty them to 100K miles, my friend just picked one up  Grin

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

here ya go, go buy it

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ctd/2820033246.html

Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »

sometimes vanilla is the best flavour.

Mines an 06, the 12 is not vanilla.

LeBaronGTC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »

I hate to say, I've been driving one for awhile ( on loan from the dad, Lebaron Blew up, but being the big dirty jew I am, I found another engine for 70 bucks from a Junkyard....so that'll go in as soon as I have time ). I really like the interior after I got used to it, sure the seats are a little hard. But overall I super like these cars.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: