theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashlights  (Read 2092 times)
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:07:55 AM »

now i know at least a few of you are Flashaholics here.  I have always liked to have the most powerful fashlight, but those cost money. all the years i had them 10000led flashlights, but they are not very bright, and cheap as hell. then i got one of those costco 160lumen lights, pretty damn bight, but the build quality was only on par with a chinese made car.  few weeks ago i asked about getting a light, and i did. this thing is crazy, 830 lumens. i can light my whole block, 200+ meters, lol

here's the light

http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/bc40.aspx

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »

That looks like a great light but I didn't see anything about how much it was. I was also wondering about battery availability.

I'd be interested in the rechargeable one, but does it work on US 110?

Axe
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »

Ha, I got one of those for Christmas yesterday actually. Its a pretty sweet flashlight.

I also got two 18650 rechargeable batteries (and charger) to go with it.

I like that it has full on mode and eco mode.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:57 AM »

Ha, I got one of those for Christmas yesterday actually. Its a pretty sweet flashlight.

I also got two 18650 rechargeable batteries (and charger) to go with it.

I like that it has full on mode and eco mode.
with discount code you can get it for like 62 bucks shipped from light junction. batteries and charger are like 15 bucks for cheap ones, and over 50 for best quality ones

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

with discount code you can get it for like 62 bucks shipped from light junction. batteries and charger are like 15 bucks for cheap ones, and over 50 for best quality ones

I think my wife got it for something around $70 on Amazon, and I am pretty sure $15 was the exact price for the charger and batteries.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »

I think my wife got it for something around $70 on Amazon, and I am pretty sure $15 was the exact price for the charger and batteries.
lol i totally misquoted the wrong post but yea i think we got the same battery set, the red ultrafires. this light is amazing huh?

That looks like a great light but I didn't see anything about how much it was. I was also wondering about battery availability.

I'd be interested in the rechargeable one, but does it work on US 110?

Axe

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »

lol i totally misquoted the wrong post but yea i think we got the same battery set, the red ultrafires. this light is amazing huh?

Oh ok, I was wondering, haha. Yeah I got the Ultrafires, and yes, it is awesome. I keep showing it to everyone who comes over to my house.

racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »

thought the title was fleshlights 

i need to drink less

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »

How wide is the beam? Does it light up a wide area well, or just a long distance?

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

How wide is the beam? Does it light up a wide area well, or just a long distance?

It has more distance than panoramic lighting, but because of the amount of light it puts off, the peripheral areas are still lit.

Also, you can't adjust the beam, which is the only drawback to the flashlight.   

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

I can't stand using adjustable flashlights.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »

thought the title was fleshlights 

i need to drink less

I would argue otherwise.

I have three of those 4 battery cop flashlights. Their name escapes me at the moment.

Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »

it has good flood, (area it illuminates), and throw, (how far it can project the light(think spotlight)). this light can do 200meters no problem, 300 kinda works

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »

I would argue otherwise.

I have three of those 4 battery cop flashlights. Their name escapes me at the moment.

Maglite. They're not that good but they're durable as ****.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: