theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My new little gem: Topping TP30  (Read 4276 times)
Fox
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:01:56 PM »

I think I like this small little Tripath amp better than my tube amp! Even with a vintage Conrad-Johnson preamp in front of the tube set. The sound is more spacious and powerful; can I even dare say more detailed!

Featured pack: Has USB input for my computer audio. Also has 1 set of RCA inputs, and you can toggle switch (see front display) between USB and AUC (RCA) input connections. Not only is it an amplifier, but it also has a built in DAC; the USB connection pulls a digital output - automatically bypassing the computers sound card. It also has a headphone amplifier with a convenient front headphone connection. I don't have any headphones, but if one plugs theme in the unit automatically disables the speakers/main amplifier circuit and only plays sound to the headphones.

This is powering my Klipsch WB-14 Icon bookshelf speakers surprisingly well!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:19:34 AM by Fox » Logged
Fox
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:17:28 AM »

This little guy rocks
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »

What's it for!?
Fox
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »

Its a Class T (Tripath) amplifier; really its more Class D. I take it you know what an amplifier is.

Specifically, its more than an amplifier. Its also a solid DAC (Digital Audio Converter). It has a built in Burr-Brown USB DAC.

I use it for my home office - connected to my computer. Not as good as my living room stuff, but Its compact (4" wide x 8" deep) and has an easy on/off switch, keeps the power bill low.
VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

No latency issues?

I'll stick to a good mic in front of my amp.

Anyhow...
Fox
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »

No latency issues?

I'll stick to a good mic in front of my amp.

No, why would there be?

And whats a mic?
VTEC_Dreams
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »

My mind immediately went to recording mode. When recording, I use my guitar amp and a good mic along with my whole my recording rig...I used to use something similar to this as a DI box so I wouldn't have to use an amp.

I just assumed this was a DI type thing, and just figured one would use it for recording, and thus, asked why latency would be an issue.

LOL now that I've realized that it's used for *listening* to music and not creating it, it makes a lot more sense to me.

Looks rad! I really need something like this, actually.

Anyhow...
LSixer
Grand Master

Resident asshole of TAL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »

Boy I need to get out more. So this is for a home stereo?

This is what I have where I stay at the moment. That and old boombox circa 1988.

Fox
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »

Its a small Tripath amp; not really common for home stereo use. I use it for my "office" stereo, because its small and tidy, easy to turn off/on, and sounds great for what it is.

Most people have cheap plastic computer speakers, so I'm out of the norm  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: