theautolounge.net
January 18, 2018, 09:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Mustang Unveiled  (Read 7130 times)
UKV6

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »

You bastard!  When I saw the lone;
tire
at the end, I spent ages looking at that post, trying to work out where the hell I'd written that...

I know, but the Merrcan way is correcter

Is not!  The invention itself, not just the word, came from here, so we get to decide (Since the language is "English" though, which is the second most spoken language in America (after Mexican), we always get to decide anyway.)!
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »

You bastard!  When I saw the lone;at the end, I spent ages looking at that post, trying to work out where the hell I'd written that...

Is not!  The invention itself, not just the word, came from here, so we get to decide (Since the language is "English" though, which is the second most spoken language in America (after Mexican), we always get to decide anyway.)!

Color: Cul Uhr

Garage: Guh Rahj

Schedule: Skehj Uhl
UKV6

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

I do actually agree with "American football" being just called football and what we call football being called "soccer", instead though.  This may or may not be because I started watching football as much as I watch soccer.  But trying to get people I know to change their ways and do the same is hard..."??  Oh, you mean soccer!" doesn't always get a great reaction.
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »

Well especially because our football delegates use of the feet to two positions.

It's fine the way it is. We Americans differ on everything with the rest of the world anyway.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
UKV6

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

I wasn't being sarcastic, I actually do prefer to call it soccer!

Quite a tangent this thread has taken...
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 06:29:20 PM »

I do actually agree with "American football" being just called football and what we call football being called "soccer", instead though.  This may or may not be because I started watching football as much as I watch soccer.  But trying to get people I know to change their ways and do the same is hard..."??  Oh, you mean soccer!" doesn't always get a great reaction.
Funny thing is, we got the word soccer from the Brits, but you won't get many of them to admit it (Most likely don't even know it.) As a Ford fanboy I'm just glad I can say to the little boys in bowties WE R PWN ALL OF UR BASES!!!! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: