theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 05:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Mustang Unveiled  (Read 7124 times)
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »

Throw the Viper V10 in the Challenger and maybe I'll be interested in it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »

^Now there's an idea. I say go for it, Dodge!

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 04:59:41 AM »

not bad, lol, i might wait for a 2015 model tho

mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »

Throw the Viper V10 in the Challenger and maybe I'll be interested in it.

Sounds expensive.

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »

Not like I can afford the GT500 or ZL1 anyway lol.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »

I honestly probably could get one, but I'd be on a steady diet of top ramen, beans, and rice until I paid it off, lol. That doesn't sound like a workable compromise like it would when I was 18.
PRDATR_Z
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »

Yeah, bitch slapped. They've been talking the ZL-1 up for going on 2 years and haven't even started production yet, and the Mustang hits back with at least 80 more hp, and weighs 300lbs less.

Seems familiar. Maybe because I heard the same argument about how the recent GT500 would have enough power to beat a Corvette z06, but in turn got beat by a Corvette Grand Sport with about 125 less horsepower than the shelby had.

2001 Camaro Z28, A4, LS6 intake, ported throttle body, longtube headers, true duals, 3" bullets dumped, slp lid
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:31 PM »

Seems familiar. Maybe because I heard the same argument about how the recent GT500 would have enough power to beat a Corvette z06, but in turn got beat by a Corvette Grand Sport with about 125 less horsepower than the shelby had.

You never heard that from me. Since the Corvette and Mustang have never been in the same category of cars, and have never been direct competitors I don't see the comparison. Apples and oranges. We're talking about pony cars, and the fact is, even though the new Camaro is an awesome car, its out classed and out performed by the Mustang, be it the GT500, the Boss 302, or even the GT.

I don't have a problem at all acknowledging a great car, and the Corvette is one (I'd seriously consider buying a GS) but it does seem a lot of people have trouble giving any credit at all to anything other than the brand they're devoted to. Read some of that shit that gets posted on Camaro5 for example.   

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »

Hey look, the ZL-1 has a big engine, lots of horsepower, and goes super duper fast! It also happens to look bad ass!

Hey look, the GT500 has a big engine, lots of horsepower, and goes super duper fast! It also happens to look bad ass!

They're the same idea, executed slightly differently. Both are sweet, now you can all quit bitching about which bitch belongs to whom.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »

Wow, I love the new tail lights. They look way better than the current tails on the stang, no offense lol.
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »

You never heard that from me. Since the Corvette and Mustang have never been in the same category of cars, and have never been direct competitors I don't see the comparison. Apples and oranges. We're talking about pony cars, and the fact is, even though the new Camaro is an awesome car, its out classed and out performed by the Mustang, be it the GT500, the Boss 302, or even the GT.

I don't have a problem at all acknowledging a great car, and the Corvette is one (I'd seriously consider buying a GS) but it does seem a lot of people have trouble giving any credit at all to anything other than the brand they're devoted to. Read some of that shit that gets posted on Camaro5 for example.   
there always seems to be that comparison between the vette and the mustang, and it is always the same. If a mustang wins, ford guys all bruise their chests from the repeated pounding. If the vette wins, they are not in the same class. Why is that?

I grew up with mustangs, I still have a classic mustang, but I have since realized that corvette were better cars. I have since convinced my dad of the same fact of life. On the other hand I have owned 5 different camaros, a 68 firebird and two late 70s trans ams... the fords have always had the well earned reputation for being the worst handling of the pony cars...

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

Might have someting to do with the fact they arent and thoes that do go on about it are bigger fanbois then steve is.

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
UKV6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »

Might have someting to do with the fact they arent and thoes that do go on about it are bigger fanbois then steve is.

Yes. The comments on Youtube when a either a Mustang, Corvette, GTR, Camaro, Civic etc feature are unreal sometimes...
racer91
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »

I really hope Ford made some suspension changes to make that fat pig hook. It's pretty sad when even the current model drops over a full second in the quarter mile when forcing a hook under the car.

550hp was already exceeding the limits of what the GT500's platform could handle on out-of-the-box factory tires. What do you think an extra 100hp will do? It's not like Ford can offer a factory "Racing Tire Package".

The ZL1 had definitely far surpassed each and every current GT500 performance number (i have a sauce thats legit). Ford knew the ZL1 was going to kill the GT500 and this was the answer. I call it the Fuck You ZL1 package because the only reason this car is what it is now is to beat the ZL1. THE ONLY REASON. GM challenged Ford to a ZL1 - GT500 battle on the 'ring. GM picks a driver, Ford picks a driver, and both cars go run the best lap they can. Ford declined. Although C&D should be doing that battle on VIR in the next Lightning Lap anyway.

50 million invested in a plant for a motor that will be put in 7000 cars and be dead. That's just is the plant, that doesn't even count the development cost of the lame duck (not as in lame engine but as in end date set shortly after start date) engine. The car will make not one bit of financial sense. It is truely a fuck you ZL1 package.

i personally wished they did a ecoboost 5.0L, since the 5.0 is a better platform.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »

I think the GTR draws the largest group if idiot followers. It is hailed as supercar beating performance at a budget price. Many of the younger generation do not remember the same claims being made back in the 90s about the Twin turbo 300ZX. In my mind that was the single most disappointing car I ever owned. Build quality was abysmal. Sure, it was fast...it was fast leaving the mechanic shop. Sometimes it was even fast going back to the shop, but that depended on the engine in the tow truck.
The computers in the GTR's lead people to believe that they can buy control. They think that with purchase of the car, they are ready to go see low lap times at a race track. it is not true, but how do you convince someone who wants to believe that?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:06:18 PM by heretic » Logged

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: