theautolounge.net
January 20, 2018, 06:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Mustang Unveiled  (Read 7134 times)
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »

2013 Mustang Line Up Overview

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/14/complete-2013-mustang-lineup-overview

V6 and GT pics and details

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/14/ford-officially-announces-2013-mustang-with-updated-look-and-new-options

2013 Boss

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/14/2013-mustang-boss-302-revealed-with-new-look-tech-and-colors

And finally the GT500, now the most powerful production V8 in the world. Looks like the ZL-1 Camaro just got bitch slapped before it even hit dealer lots.  

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/14/ford-unleashes-650-horsepower-2013-shelby-gt500

Track Apps Gauge Mode...

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/14/ford-releases-details-for-gauge-mode-and-track-apps-for-the-2013-mustang
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:25:03 AM by Rather B.Blown » Logged

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 01:55:08 AM »

Those tail lights look tacky.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Fox
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:49:05 AM »

Dear Santa...
PRDATR_Z
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »

lol ZL1 bitch slapped? Uhhhhh sike......

2001 Camaro Z28, A4, LS6 intake, ported throttle body, longtube headers, true duals, 3" bullets dumped, slp lid
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »

I am getting tired of the same old, dated, look.

I would not count the camaro out yet, either... their supercharger has a lot more to give. Pulley choices keeps boost low, probably because of regulations.

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »

lol ZL1 bitch slapped? Uhhhhh sike......

Yeah, bitch slapped. They've been talking the ZL-1 up for going on 2 years and haven't even started production yet, and the Mustang hits back with at least 80 more hp, and weighs 300lbs less.

I am getting tired of the same old, dated, look.

I would not count the camaro out yet, either... their supercharger has a lot more to give. Pulley choices keeps boost low, probably because of regulations.

This is just a refresh until the complete redesign coming for the '15 model year, 50th anniversary.

They'll have to do more than turn up the boost on it, because the Camaro doesn't have forged pistons, rods, etc. , and they're not going to step on the ZR-1s toes by putting more hp in the Camaro than their halo car.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »

It seems  you are making a lot of assumptions about what chevrolet will do. Surely you would not do that based on your own bias, right?

chevrolet is pirvy to the exact same forging technology as ford is. If they wish to use forged internals in a camaro, the are more than capable. Assuming that the vette is topped out and chevy cannot just up the power there is absolutely ridiculous.  Anyone with even a basic clue about what is going on with the top end performers is all ready wondering what chevy will do in answer to the new GTR. Their record lap time, at the ring, with an engineer piloting it was a publicity stunt. This time they will have to do a little more to stay on top of nissan

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »

So, RBB, when are you going to trade in the old one and get the new one?  Unless you just want to give me yours? 

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »

It seems  you are making a lot of assumptions about what chevrolet will do. Surely you would not do that based on your own bias, right?

chevrolet is pirvy to the exact same forging technology as ford is. If they wish to use forged internals in a camaro, the are more than capable. Assuming that the vette is topped out and chevy cannot just up the power there is absolutely ridiculous.  Anyone with even a basic clue about what is going on with the top end performers is all ready wondering what chevy will do in answer to the new GTR. Their record lap time, at the ring, with an engineer piloting it was a publicity stunt. This time they will have to do a little more to stay on top of nissan

I'm not making any assumptions at all. What I said wasn't based on bias, it was based on the facts that have already been released by GM about the ZL-1. Fact: It will have the LSA from the CTS-V, which is not forged. Fact: It will not be the LS9 from the ZR-1 which is forged. I'll have to re-read what I wrote above, but I don't think I ever said that that the ZR-1 was topped out, or that they wouldn't upgrade the ZL-1 to handle more HP. I just said that it wouldn't be as simple as a pulley swap. Dealers are already taking orders, production is set to begin at anytime and the MSRP has already been released. I seriously doubt that they are going to halt orders, reschedule production, and retool the engine line to add a forged bottom end, more boost, timing and fuel mapping, re-testing for EPA certification, etc. etc. to a car that has already been delayed for so long. That's not a quick process.

Released today....

DETROIT – The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Coupe accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds and can reach a top speed of 184 mph. Starting at $54,995, including Performance Traction Management and Magnetic Ride suspension, the ZL1 delivers supercar levels of performance and technology for the price of a sports car.

“From the original Camaro to the current Corvette ZR1, Chevrolet has a long history of delivering world-class cars that outperformed competitors at several times the price,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Global Chevrolet Marketing. “The ZL1 is no exception. There are very few cars at any price that can match the power, features, and track-capability of the Camaro ZL1.”

For the $54,995 price, including a $900 delivery fee, the ZL1 compares favorably to much more expensive cars:

The heart of the Camaro ZL1 is a supercharged 6.2L engine is SAE-rated at 580 horsepower (432 kW) and 556 lb.-ft. of torque (754 Nm) – making it the most-powerful production Camaro ever.

The LSA features a Roots-style blower with an efficient four-lobe rotor set and compact intercooler The ZL1 also features a standard dual-mode exhaust system, with vacuum-actuated valves in the exhaust pipes for a refined exhaust note at low speeds as well as a free-flowing system for peak performance.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. With either transmission, the Camaro ZL1 delivers impressive performance:

Continued:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/15/gm-announces-2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-specs-pricing-from-54-9/

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

So, RBB, when are you going to trade in the old one and get the new one?  Unless you just want to give me yours? 

Probably not anytime soon. I'm done swapping cars for a while. If I start to feel inferior, I'll just add a Whipple and show both of them up.   

HOSS429

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »

Those tail lights look tacky.
it wont matter if you cant stay close enuff to see them  Smiley
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »

I was about to come in here with some witty "Looks like the one really getting bitch slapped is the guy with a year-old Shelby" comment, but your Whipple idea brought me off my high horse.

Asshole. Angry

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »

And all is right with the world once again  Grin Now we just need Dodge to come to the party butt rock
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

And all is right with the world once again  Grin Now we just need Dodge to come to the party butt rock

No doubt, I love the Challenger, a very tight race for best looking of the bunch in my eyes. It just needs a lot more grunt added to get all that car moving in the same league with the GT500 and ZL1.

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 09:42:48 PM »

We need a Hemi Cuda revival. Cheesy

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: