theautolounge.net
January 16, 2018, 05:23:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oznut's '91 Dualcab Hilux  (Read 18504 times)
Oznut

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »

its coming along nicely, I can't wait to see it finished.

I couldn't help but notice that old f series in the back ground of the last pic, how common are those things over there?

Common enough ha ha. That's a mate of mines, just rebuilt the 351 Clevo in it.

Tube has been bent, huzzah!!! Today we started to learn the art of bending tube and I must say, I think we did alright. Didn't need to scrap any bits of tube, we only had to straighten some that had a slight kink.

We had to sit the bonnet on to see where the lower front bit of tube would go. First time it's had any front sheet metal on in months.

Front hoops, rad support and winch plate support done. Even got to test my hand at welding ha ha, didn't do too bad.

I love lamp.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »

You're doing better than me, I'm shithouse at welding. I could blow a hole in a 5 inch iron plate. I'd like to learn though, I've never done much of it. I should take some classes.

Oznut

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:33 AM »

You're doing better than me, I'm shithouse at welding. I could blow a hole in a 5 inch iron plate. I'd like to learn though, I've never done much of it. I should take some classes.

Had a ball learning to weld. Got a long way to go but was lucky enough to lay a few beads and did pretty well at it. Looking forward to doing some more.

I love lamp.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2014, 04:41:04 AM »

Had a ball learning to weld. Got a long way to go but was lucky enough to lay a few beads and did pretty well at it. Looking forward to doing some more.

That is awesome, that is just one of the things I never picked up even though my family was very mechanically inclined. Welding just wasn't one of the things I learned. I did have a friend that tried to teach me for a short period of time and he was damned good. He was a master at welding aluminum and stainless, don't know how true it was but he always told me that a good weld should look like a row of nickles laid down together. I assumed he meant the way the edges of them stacked on each other looked when you dumped them out of a roll from the bank. 

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »

Awesome build !  Welding is one of those art forms that is easy to learn but extremely hard to actually "do."  I've never learned to weld either.  We have a couple of guys in the shop that are really good.  My favorite welding memory is from 30 years ago when I worked at Electric Motor & Supply in Altoona.  The welder in the machine shop, Bob, was as good as anyone I've ever seen.  His 40+ years of doing it showed in his work.  It's always a pleasure to watch someone like that work .  .  .

Oznut

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »

A mate ripped me for close to $10k and this build was scrapped. Will post up a new build in a couple of months when I start it.

I love lamp.
Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2015, 12:40:18 PM »

Oh my !  This sounds like an interesting story.  Hope all is well .  .  .

RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »

Wwwhhhhaaatttt? Well that's suck in every possible way

Mac
Supra
Master

Rob

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »

Oz.

Do you guys have the 22RTE engine over there?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?

-2013 Mustang GT 5.0 / 6MT / Recaro's / Roush Supercharged
-1990 Toyota Hilux 4x4
Oznut

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2015, 04:17:58 AM »

22RTE or the 22RET? The 22R is a good strong motor, even better with a turbo and efi!!!

I love lamp.
Maslpfan

get some!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2015, 12:35:11 AM »

Damn bro im sorry to hear that!

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1989 Pontiac GTA WS6
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: