theautolounge.net
October 20, 2017, 09:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the signs of detonation or pinging?  (Read 4691 times)
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »

Glad to hear that was the fix. The next test is to keep running 93 and try switching back to the aftermarket tune.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »

Glad to hear that was the fix. The next test is to keep running 93 and try switching back to the aftermarket tune.

I put it on the 93 tune and its running fine so far. Next time Im filling up Im going to either a Chevron or Shell station to get 87 octane fuel, I wont be hitting up the local grocery store gas stations anymore.

Fox
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »

I usually do my tank fill-up at the Shell station down by my work.

On another note
In America, Shell and Chevron / Texaco petrol not only use 'top tier' additives (along with some few others), but these are the only two companies that have separate trailer policies for oil and petrol. It means that Chevron and Shell resource trailers to carry refined petrol, and trailers to carry unrefined crude oil - never mixing the two. Every other refiner supposedly swaps them. Trailers are suppose to be cleaned thoroughly before changing the type of cargo they carry, but the rumors are that sometimes they are not; in the long run this could lead to fouling.

Take my advice or not, sorry I can't find any "tank policies" outlined online.

And yet again
The closest gas station to my house has been tested to have 'water' diluted in the gas (yet again); the place has yet to be shut down. I don't know how water gets in the tanks, but I don't want it in my tank so I avoid that place. Its interesting to note that its an old-fashioned "no name" gas station.

Ingesecition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »

Under hard or heavy acceleration it will "ping", or sound like a tinny diesel.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: