theautolounge.net
February 25, 2018, 09:16:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Waltrip Headed To LeMans  (Read 1442 times)
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »

From Autoblog

In NASCAR, they say that "rubbin' is racin'", or at least "they" do in Tom Cruise's vision of NASCAR. At the 24 Hours of Le Mans, rubbing could lead to serious trouble when you are approaching warp speed on the Mulsanne Straight.

Still, over the years a handful of NASCAR drivers have ventured over to the Circuit de la Sarthe to test their mettle – in fact, back in 1976, NASCAR sent entire teams and cars across the ocean to help promote the sport – and now Michael Waltrip has become the latest to catch a plane heading to Le Mans, France.

Michael Waltrip won't be driving his Toyota Camry overseas, however, as he has joined on AF Corse team that's campaigning a Ferrari F430. There's no grandstand lighting to guide Waltrip as he navigates the nearly 8.5-mile course, so we at Autoblog wish him good luck and good headlights.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/26/report-nascar-racer-michael-waltrip-headed-to-le-mans/
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »

I've always liked Michael. He's goofy, funny, and seems like a truly good guy. I met him once, and he is a big sumbitch in person. 

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »

I've always liked him too, I hope he does well. I don't know if he's had sportscar experience in the past, it will be a wild ride for him thats for sure.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »

I've always liked him too, I hope he does well. I don't know if he's had sportscar experience in the past, it will be a wild ride for him thats for sure.

I wish him well too. I'm not kidding about him being big. I don't know how big he is, but I'm over 6 feet, and I had to really look up to see his face. It was funny watching him worm his way into a stock car compared to midgets like Mark Martin. 

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »

Him squeezing into a F430 ought to be fun to watch then. I'm 5'8 and I had to duck a bit to see under the windshield of a F430 roadster I got to sit in in Vegas.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »

Him squeezing into a F430 ought to be fun to watch then. I'm 5'8 and I had to duck a bit to see under the windshield of a F430 roadster I got to sit in in Vegas.

I Googled it, and from what I can find he's 6'5" and 200+ lbs.

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

Good thing for him they don't do the running starts anymore, if he was the first guy to have to squeeze into the Ferrari it would probably be pretty comical to watch.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »

Good thing for him they don't do the running starts anymore, if he was the first guy to have to squeeze into the Ferrari it would probably be pretty comical to watch.

It's pretty damned comical to watch him squeeze into a Cup car. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: