theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest Render  (Read 2881 times)
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:19 AM »

My Oma and Opa when they were in their early 20s back in Germany:

my Oma was the definition of Elegance, and I hope my Opa likes this Print when it finally arrives.
I have 20+ Hours in to this on photoshop.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:23:34 AM »

I don't know. It doesn't look right. It looks like your Opa is doing a photobomb by leaning him into the picture like that. Makes me want to make a demotivational poster that says "Photobombing: They even did it in black and white" lol.

Also, how in the hell did you take an old picture and turn it into a picture that looks like it was taken today and put it in black and white? That is awesome.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »

It's all freehand drawing using my tablet. I had the old photos and I kind of just combined them lol. You should see the originals. They're like a yellowy-orange and cracked. 

I tried having him more at a straighter angle but it didn't seem right, so I just made him lean in front lol.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
mrs-michelle
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »

I think its absolutely beautiful. Well done.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

A blind squirrel looking for a nut . . .

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »

So, the above portrait is actually two separate photos merged together ?  Impressive .  .  .

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:55 PM »

So, the above portrait is actually two separate photos merged together ?  Impressive .  .  .

I used two different pictures as base models yes.  But this is a completely new "sketch" i did with my tablet on photoshop, yes. lol

and thank you Michelle.

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »

I think I've seen the "tablet" you are referring to.  I work with someone who does portrait photography on the side.  The things he was able to accomplish with that tablet and editing software were amazing .  .  .

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

I think I've seen the "tablet" you are referring to.  I work with someone who does portrait photography on the side.  The things he was able to accomplish with that tablet and editing software were amazing .  .  .

yessir... but the difference between his photography and this picture.. is i started with a white screen lol7

MontereyDave
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »

Wow, I'm really impressed!  Beautiful work  butt rock

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 05:57:33 AM »

So, I guess you scanned two old photos, cleaned up the imperfections, and "pasted" them together on this previously mentioned "white screen."  The finished product looks great.  I'm starting to scan some of my Mom's old photos that she accumulated over the years.  But, the best I can do is use Microsoft Paint to clean up a scratch or two here and there. 

Am I thinking correctly - If I were to buy Photoshop, the retail price is something like $1,900   .

Axe
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »

I feel like the Cheeto's cat...

"Impressive sir!"

Axe
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »

Wow, I'm really impressed!  Beautiful work  butt rock
thank you sir.

I feel like the Cheeto's cat...

"Impressive sir!"

Axe

lol thank you.

So, I guess you scanned two old photos, cleaned up the imperfections, and "pasted" them together on this previously mentioned "white screen."  The finished product looks great.  I'm starting to scan some of my Mom's old photos that she accumulated over the years.  But, the best I can do is use Microsoft Paint to clean up a scratch or two here and there. 

Am I thinking correctly - If I were to buy Photoshop, the retail price is something like $1,900    .
i wish i had a scanner. I've never been bothered to own a printer, or scanner or anything, everything I've ever needed to print off for university etc i've just done at the school for free.
Photoshop is rediculously priced, Normally you can get discounted copies through colleges/universities.
and no, I didn't clean up imperfections and paste the pictures together. i sketched my grandmother, then i sketched my grandfather and dropped some grey and yellow-tone underneath and went nuts with the smudge tool.  the photoshop image is 2307 layers Wink

Oldcarsarecool
Senior Turd Polisher
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

I give major kudos to anyone with artistic ability of that nature because I have NONE.  I can't even sketch a stick figure that looks authentic.

I salute you, sir.  Well done .  .  .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: