theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 05:00:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrysler 300  (Read 3782 times)
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

I would definitely get the SRT-8 300 thats for sure, the pics of it Elmo posted in the Chrysler forum made me really like the 300C...

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »

I love how everyone just ignores the V8

Wouldn't really care if it had a V8 or a V6. Unless it was a SRT.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 12:31:37 AM »

I love how everyone just ignores the V8

How many cylinders a car has shouldn't justify what someone's opinion on the car is.

The new 3.6L Pentastar engine is an already proven engine. It's getting praised in the Challenger, it's putting out AWESOME mileage numbers despite what vehicle it is in, and it's powerful. Not as powerful as Ford's 3.7 Duratec, or GM's 3.6. But it gets the job done. Can you imagine how it would feel to drive a new Caravan R/T with that new V6? Who wouldn't want to own a manly minivan with 283hp?

The new SRT/8 is sporting the new 392, which is already said to be under rated. Saying at least 520-530hp. That's Cadillac and German territory.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Fox
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:04 AM »

How many cylinders a car has shouldn't justify what someone's opinion on the car is.

The new 3.6L Pentastar engine is an already proven engine. It's getting praised in the Challenger, it's putting out AWESOME mileage numbers despite what vehicle it is in, and it's powerful. Not as powerful as Ford's 3.7 Duratec, or GM's 3.6. But it gets the job done. Can you imagine how it would feel to drive a new Caravan R/T with that new V6? Who wouldn't want to own a manly minivan with 283hp?

The new SRT/8 is sporting the new 392, which is already said to be under rated. Saying at least 520-530hp. That's Cadillac and German territory.

o..k.. ?

What I was trying to convey was having a punchbad V8 engine RWD shouldn't be ignored. Cubic inches mater and its not just about the horsepower, but the 390 lb-ft of torque. HEMI!!!

a v8 in a boat... that is what that is.

I think its a nice sedan. I mentioned it was quite during the road test; in fact, I would say it is significantly quieter than my Accord - not saying much since Accords have noisier interiors than pretty much anything  . The engineers improved NVH (front side windows feature sound-deadening lamination, triple-sealed doors, two eight-foot belly pans under the chassis to help reduce road noise) and tried to keep the weight down also (high-strength steel, aluminum). The electrical assisted steering system is getting positive feedback from road testers. Carbody motion is controlled, not like a sports car but never anything like a Town Car.

And I can't get over that V8 pull and growl  Grin
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 05:52:44 AM »

a v8 in a boat... that is what that is.

V8 boats do not exist in these days. Manufacturers know how to build cars better so they don't handle like a boat. From the reviews I've read on the new Charger and the 300, they don't wallow around when you make them turn. They're actually quite flat with minimum body roll. The new 300 and Charger I believe, both use magnetic suspension technology.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 02:10:32 AM »

it doesn't even look as classy as the older 300.. it's got a 300m appearance to it.. i don't like it.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: