theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:32:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another speaker run from Fox.  (Read 3985 times)
Fox
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »

I think this is my third or forth set of speakers since I've been a member here.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's

Cherry finish:

They look great in their cherry finish. Front ported (my desk is against the wall). Handle all kinds of music. Great sound and separation; A little boxy sounding, but I'm nitpicking. And the bass, although very detailed, is a little lacking. But come on, I'm nitpicking again because its only a 4" midrange driver. I'm running 100watts off a receiver and I never hit any distortion.

Shown with grill on:

Closeup:

Why use plastic computer speakers?

Essentially they are my computer speakers. They replace the Tekton's, and I also sold my Paradigm.

As I post this I'm listening to Blue Bird - Hope Sandoval and they shine!

Not bad for $100   But I think the larger Diamond 9.1's should be more suiting (craving more punch in the bass notes)

Edit: oh yeah, glad I didn't decide to buy a laptop like I was contemplating.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:19:01 PM by Fox » Logged
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »

I agree

metal or wood... or bust

they look great. how's the quality..  I've always been a SQL>SPL kind of guy.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Fox
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »

they look great. how's the quality..  I've always been a SQL>SPL kind of guy.

Quality is good, they are Wharfedales. They have some cabinet noise issues at high volumes, its a shame, but I don't listen to music at those volumes.

Would recommend the larger 9.1's to these. I probably will upgrade in a short while  Grin
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »

is there a way to dismantle them from the rear and put some closed-cell insulation tape along the long lengthed sides?

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Fox
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »

You could unscrew the speaker terminal connecting cups.
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:52:30 PM »

Im no audiophile, but most people are really impressed when they hear them. Use them as my "home theater" setup because I have no space for a real system in the place im renting, honestly.. even if I did have the space I probably wouldn't change them out. 

Fox
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:44 AM »

Just purchased some new speakers for my desktop. Today only deal (Black Friday) - $190 + free shipping. These speakers go for around $500 ($600 retail).

Cooool
Fox
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »

damn.. Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: