theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota FT-86 II Concept pics  (Read 6925 times)
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »

I'd have to admit ignorance on the Toyota side, but the BRZ is supposed to start at $24k for the base trim, and $27k for the range topper. People have been speculating that the FRS will be less since it's a Scion in the states, don't know how it will apply for Canada.
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »

I'd have to admit ignorance on the Toyota side, but the BRZ is supposed to start at $24k for the base trim, and $27k for the range topper. People have been speculating that the FRS will be less since it's a Scion in the states, don't know how it will apply for Canada.

Im wondering if it will be a Toyota here, Scion dealerships are few and far between. We seem to get special treatment from automakers, mostly in a good way (for the climate and terrain) things like limited slip differentials often come as standard equipment.
UKV6

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »

Not too keen on the looks of it, and it's gonna be at least £25k here, but that's kinda par for the course in rip-off-Britain these days, and Toyota/Subaru should be commended for offering an alternative to the highly popular hot-hatchback scene that exists here, with a RWD sports coupe, with a fairly unique flat-4 boxer layout, which will also be fairly light (sub-1200kg) by today's crash-and-pedestrian-safety conscious car design criteria.  "Officially" no word on more powerful version than the 200-ish bhp NA, but with Subaru's history and experience of turbocharging boxer engines I'd be amazed if a 300-ish bhp edition didn't eventually appear, even just as a Subaru-only limited (i.e., expensive) edition...
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »

BRZ > GT 86

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »

BRZ > GT 86
I don't know that I'd say one is better than the other, but I like that the Subie doesn't have as much of the boy racer flash as the Toyota. I think I'd look a bit like a douche driving the yota being 30+ years old, where I could get away with driving the cleaner designed BRZ. I'm just hoping that dealerships don't think it's worth it's weight in gold.
Fox
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 01:29:33 AM »

Elantra > BRZ > GT 86
Fox
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:28:48 AM »

I've been pondering this car, and I think Toyota really fugglied it up. The concept design has a precise, hard sporty design to it, and then its like Toyota dropped every good little detail about the concept version and came out with the production design. I understand concept cars rarely look like the production, but this new design is unpleasing. Considering how well the Mark IV Supra was designed, I ask what gives Toyota?

Elantra > BRZ > GT 86

I hope no-one took this seriously ^
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »

I took it absolutely seriously, I guess I'll have to call off the strike team I deployed to your house. 
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »

Im just glad, the production car is aesthetically appealing, in other words it didn't turn out ugly. To me there is a lot of nice lines there, Toyota often incorporates a lot of subtle indents, edges and such in the sheet metal. To me the car looks like an accumulation of their past designs, wrapped up neatly.

I am really excited for the performance though.

To me, this is no Supra, that was Toyota's flagship sports car. This is their new Celica.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:03:41 AM by Syncros » Logged
Fox
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »

...To me, this is no Supra, that was Toyota's flagship sports car. This is their new Celica.

I hope that wasn't directed at me, because no where did I say this is a Supra.
Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 10:49:07 PM »

The one thing I hate about the new 86 is how skinny the tires are. Other than that, well done Subaru and Toyota.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

Some pictures of the Scion we'll be getting and some driving impressions....

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/12/2013-scion-fr-s-w-video/

The Scion looks a bit more subdued than the Toyota version, which I like. Now if I go to get the Subie and they have a godaweful markup I can just ask them for directions to the nearest Scion dealership.  Grin
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »

Even though it's just a badge and it makes sense to. I still hate that they put it under the Scion brand.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 11:49:56 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK2EwymH9oY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK2EwymH9oY</a>

ahhh can't wait.
Fox
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »

... ahhh can't wait.

You buying?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: