theautolounge.net
January 21, 2018, 02:19:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My AR build  (Read 9748 times)
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 11:43:07 PM »

Chamber maids. Clean it every time you use it and you shouldnt have to worry about needing picks.

I bought another .22 bore brush, that spiky copper looking one. I'm not sure why I bought a other one when I already have 2.

I'll look into buying a chamber maid soon, whatever that is. What about one of those toothbrush looking things? Now from all that stuff in the above pic, is there any other fluid I need?

plus, I also have an extra spikes t2 heavy buffer. Interested? Grin

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:45:07 PM by Imran » Logged
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:43 AM »

That's a lot of cleaning shit for someone who has never fired a gun.

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 12:48:04 AM »

That's a lot of cleaning shit for someone who has never fired a gun.

Oh you old bastard you!!!

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 12:50:56 AM »

but seriously, I went to a range once with my friend. They said I couldn't shoot unless I had prior experience, otherwise I'd have to pay $155 for some class.

I know he was BSing just to rob me of my money but its his range, his rules. I guess he saw me as a potential lawsuit.
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »

Fuck them at a range, don't you have someplace where you can go out and shoot? Some friends with some land or something? I guess I'm just used to being out here in the middle of nowhere. Hell, you could shoot a damned cannon out here and nobody would bat an eye. There's a retired LEO down the road that I hear shooting various full auto shit on a regular basis. 

Are there any State or National Forest wilderness areas or WMAs around you? Some of them have shooting ranges.

Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »

Cotton swabs used to clean behind the breech locks. They also make a brush for it too.

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 01:52:01 AM »

Fuck them at a range, don't you have someplace where you can go out and shoot? Some friends with some land or something? I guess I'm just used to being out here in the middle of nowhere. Hell, you could shoot a damned cannon out here and nobody would bat an eye. There's a retired LEO down the road that I hear shooting various full auto shit on a regular basis. 

Are there any State or National Forest wilderness areas or WMAs around you? Some of them have shooting ranges.

That range was at a state park Grin

I organized a meet at a shooting range this Sunday with the local mustang forum, but had to flake on my own event when my friend introduced me to the new boss at Marshalls. They cleaned out all the old managers after changing the store layout. Basically I have a job waiting for me.... but she has to check if I can still work there after I last left. I told her I had a family emergency and had to fly to Michigan immediately, and school was going to start soon after so I couldn't stay through my whole 2 weeks notice.

@FFD, yes, that's the chamber brush i remember, Ill get one of those, and one of those m16 cleaning brush things that look like tooth brushes

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:54:52 AM by Imran » Logged
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »

The toothbrush thing is called an All Purpose brush (or AP brush) , you could save money and get a cheap hard bristle tooth brush that will work just as good. Every once in a while sportsmans guide will offer military cleaning kits for cheap, but they aren't as nice as what you already have.
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »

The toothbrush thing is called an All Purpose brush (or AP brush) , you could save money and get a cheap hard bristle tooth brush that will work just as good. Every once in a while sportsmans guide will offer military cleaning kits for cheap, but they aren't as nice as what you already have.

Thanks, i'll probably buy a hard bristled toothbrush. I just bought two winchester cleaning kits. Just one kit wasn't sufficient, the cleaning rod wasn't long enough to go through the mosin barrel without scraping the back of the receiver.
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 03:31:45 PM »

drove 5 miles down the freeway to top brass mil tac. Picked these up.

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »

Done.

FFD, bring it!

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »

Looks great, now you'll have to find out how it shoots butt rock
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »

Looks great, now you'll have to find out how it shoots butt rock

me and a friend who I helped buy an AK a few weeks ago are gonna go properly test this out spring break. I'd go Friday but my ammo nor weapons shield lube has shown up yet
Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »

me and a friend who I helped buy an AK a few weeks ago are gonna go properly test this out spring break. I'd go Friday but my ammo nor weapons shield lube has shown up yet

I find it hard to believe that YOU of all people don't have any lube laying around. 

Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »

I find it hard to believe that YOU of all people don't have any lube laying around. 

I do have lube, but unfortunately it's not for guns, but rather for sliding dicks in and out of assholes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: