theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 09:34:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My AR build  (Read 9744 times)
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »

Forum was being inactive and boring, so I thought i'd make a thread about my AR build and it's progress. I estimate that it should be all together within the next 4 weeks, ONLY because my lower that i ordered is on backorder.

I'll also include the price I paid for the items.

First, lets start off with things i already bought.

So first, i bought a Spikes Tactical assembled lower, since I couldn't buy a stripped lower since i'm 19.

$294

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-complete-lower-w-m4-stock-p-86.html

with the American flag laser engraved on the side

Then, i decided to buy a Magpul CTR, since i hate the M4 stock.

(I did not buy it off Aim surplus, i just used their link since their pictures are better.)

$85

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG310Blk&name=Magpul+CTR+Carbine+Stock+M-Mil+Black&search=ctr

Everything below is stuff that i haven't bought yet, but will buy within the next few days, depending on what upper I get.

Now I haven't bought the upper yet, but I found a great deal on Daniel Defense and CMMG uppers by a guy on a mustang forum who was an FFL licensed dealer who closed down. Brand new stuff, $600 for the DD uppers, and $525 for the CMMG, he'll throw in a BCG for the CMMG if i get that.

Quote from: xxxx
Daniel Defense 12.0 FSPM Lite Rail 1/7 Lothar Walther Stainless Taper ($600 + shipping - USPS Money Order, check *must have positive iTrader here or eBay feedback*, or discreet PayPal + 3% fees *PP doesn't like anything gun-related so the invoice can't say "Zombie killin' machine gun parts")

Untitled by xxxx, on Flickr

Untitled by xxxxx, on Flickr

Daniel Defense 9.0 Lite Rail 1/7 Lothar Walther Stainless Taper ($600 same rules)

Both Daniel Defense Uppers have M4 feed ramps and tapered Lothar Walther 1/7 Stainless barrels and mid-length gas system

CMMG Medium Contour Stainless 1/7 mid-length Upper w/ Daniel Defense M4 12.0 Rail and low-profile gas block (no bolt carrier group or charging handle) ($525 same rules)

CMMG M4 Feed Ramps

I've got a bunch of other "parts" as well. *I've got a ton of KNS Precision stuff that I will let go for 50% off whatever is on their website. *I've also got a smattering of the following: LaRue mounts (not a ton of wiggle room on these, but it would be cheaper than anywhere else), Troy Folding Battle Sights, Magpul PMAGS + followers + Ranger/L-plates, lower parts kits, buffers, tubes, springs, aluminum 30-round mags, etc. *I'd rather sell a lot of this stuff here than on GunBroker because of their fees.

I'm going to find out if he has the Daniel Defense uppers left by tonight, if he doesn't i'll get the CMMG. He said he won't sell them to anyone else if they ask him about it and if he still has it since i already have the cash ready.

If he doesn't have them anymore, i'll just get a spikes tactical upper off of AIMsurplus.com

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU5035MOE&name=Spikes+Tactical+16%22+Mid-Length+5.56/.223+Upper+Receiver&groupid=150

Any time now i'm going to buy some Magpul PMAG's.

$14.20

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MMAG211Blk

And for sights, depending on which upper i get, i may not need a front sight, but if it's one of the Daniel Defense uppers that already has a sight, i'll get a Daniel Defense rear sight.

$66.45

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XDD11002&name=Daniel+Defense+A1.5+Fixed+Rear+Sight&groupid=146

If it's the CMMG that has no front sight post, then i'll get either some folding magpul BUIS.

Then all that's left is ammo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:07:28 AM by Imran » Logged
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »

I wouldn't get a front sight, but that is just me. Hook it with an Eotech or Aimpoint, with a pop up rear sight.

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »

I wouldn't get a front sight, but that is just me. Hook it with an Eotech or Aimpoint, with a pop up rear sight.

you know, i also don't want a front sight, and for both to be folding back up iron's, but that's a hell of a deal on that daniel defense and i don't want to pass that up. The CMMG with DD rail doesn't have a front sight, so i wouldn't mind if he only had that one left as he thinks.

As for an eotech, i plan on getting one someday, but they're too expensive at around $400 up  
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »

Yeah, cause it's not like I work for a company that builds AR-15 accessories or anything. 

Just be careful, sometimes the cheapest route isn't necessarily the best. You get what you pay for bud. Just something to think about

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »

Yeah, cause it's not like I work for a company that builds AR-15 accessories or anything.  

Just be careful, sometimes the cheapest route isn't necessarily the best. You get what you pay for bud. Just something to think about

haha don't worry about me going cheap, i did my research Wink I plan on using iron's till i can afford a nice red dot or some sort of recognizable optic, preferably an eotech with a magnifier or something like that.
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »

well let me know if you need some help with getting an Eotech or Aimpoint. Employee discount...

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »

well let me know if you need some help with getting an Eotech or Aimpoint. Employee discount...

really? Thanks!! how much can i get one of either for? like a general ballpark estimate?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:31:19 PM by Imran » Logged
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »

give me a model number or parts number and I'll let you know
gggaz.com

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »

Thanks dude, ill check it out! That's awesome!
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:04 AM »

What about this?

GGG-4199 Aimpoint Micro T-1

and these. Sorry i'm not too familiar with EOTech's, so i just posted the model numbers of the ones that appealed to me  thanks!

GGG-1116FTE EOTech Model 512

GGG-1118FTE EOTech 552

GGG-4290FTE EOTech 517

GGG-4288FTE EOTech 516
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:33:33 AM by Imran » Logged
RatherBNarizona
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »

I do not know much differences between the EOtechs, FFD probably knows.
Our most popular is definitely the 552 though

Mac
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »

I do not know much differences between the EOtechs, FFD probably knows.
Our most popular is definitely the 552 though

I'm probably going to hold off till i learn more and then buy one. Till then, it's research time 
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »

CTR came in. I recommend Alta Tax from Amazon.com

fast shipping, product arrrived in 2 days with standard shipping.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:35:14 PM by Imran » Logged
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »

Ordered my upper. Dude with the DD uppers was ignoring me after assuring me that he'd sell them to me and not anyone else. Now all i need is a rear sight and mags + ammo. I'll most likely buy an EOTech from you later down the road. Thanks!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU5035MOE&name=Spikes+Tactical+16%22+Mid-Length+5.56/.223+Upper+Receiver&groupid=55

Now i have one extra ST-T2 buffer...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:12:38 PM by Imran » Logged
Imran
So nice to meet you.
Global Moderator
Grand Master

So nice to meet you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

Just bought 3 Pmag's and a Daniel Defense A1.5 rear sight

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DD-11002

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MAG211%20BLACK