theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:35:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pagani unveils Zonda replacement, the Huayra  (Read 1870 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2011, 05:53:01 AM »

Source: AutoBlog
After taking a look at our high-res image gallery below, we were tempted to say the Pagani Huayra made its o-fish-ial web debut... but we won't. Oh, wait.

In any case, Pagani's newest supercar can now be seen in all its glory, and we generally approve of the overall styling, despite the fact it's got something of a bottom-feeder fascia up front. Moving past that, we see a pretty serious set of gullwing doors and enough slats, flares and strakes to fill the sketchbook of a Boeing designer.

All those aero aids will surely come in handy when all the fury of the Mercedes-Benz AMG-built 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 engine is unleashed on the hapless pair of rear tires – the Huayra is said to be capable of speeds up near 230 miles per hour.

Over 700 horsepower and about 740 pound-feet of torque will be sent to the ground through a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Couple that with a weight of just under 3,000 pounds – aided by copious amounts of carbon fiber – and you have the makings of a 21st century rear-wheel drive rocket ship.

Inside you'll find all the luxury touches you'd expect, including a cockpit slathered in beautiful hides and exposed aluminum and carbon fiber. You'll also bask in the glowing blue gauges and multi-function display that controls audio, navigation and communications gadgetry.

Even if we're just a tad stuck on that front fascia, there's simply no arguing with this level of performance.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »

that interior looks god awful... it looks like a retro spin off of a 50s fridge/toaster/something out of the jetsons.  I like the exterior.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »

I'm in the opposite camp, the exterior doesn't have the pop the Zonda had, but the interior is still amazing in my eyes.
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

I like the exposed gear shift. It reminds me of a Spyker.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »

The handbrake doesn't look...um...right? It looks like a damn vibrator.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »

I like it, its the kind of car that is supposed to look audacious *in a good way* and get away with it because it can... Thats just my .02 cents. I would like to see this car in red, black and my favorite, Grin dark blue....

SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »

I'm in the opposite camp, the exterior doesn't have the pop the Zonda had, but the interior is still amazing in my eyes.

Same here, It looks too soft and laid back. It still has that unique look to it.
The interior reminds me of a Spyker interior but with deeper colors.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »

Thats a very fragile looking front end. . .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: