theautolounge.net
January 19, 2018, 01:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VW Golf R is coming to the US  (Read 1946 times)
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »

I was at VW's official USA site and found a link to this:

For most VW enthusiasts, we could have ended this article at the headline. For those of you who don’t know and those who want the details, continue reading. North American VW enthusiasts have been asking for it, and now they’re going to get it. The most powerful production Golf to date is on its way to the shores of America in the form of the Golf R. And with 50 more horsepower than the award winning 2.0L TSI®, this is the VW a lot of Dub loyalists have been waiting for. Here are a few juicy details to tide you over until its release.

The Golf R is fitted with a turbocharged, 2.0L inline 4, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Power is delivered to all four wheels via the Haldex 4MOTION® all-wheel-drive system and exits the Golf R through a set of dual exhaust tips, centered at the rear. Drivers will notice right off the line that the turbocharged engine blasts the Golf R from zero to 60 – and the bigger brakes bring it back to zero – faster than ever.

Available in 2-door or 4-door body styles, the R will feature a number of model-specific touches. On the outside, it’s equipped with unique 18-inch alloy wheels, R badging and body kit, while the interior packs in signature upholstery, doorsills, shift knob and steering wheel. The Golf R will also come with dual- zone Climatronic® air-conditioning and leather seating surfaces, standard. The Golf R will be released in the U.S. in limited numbers for a very limited time.

http://blogs.vw.com/conceptcars/2010/12/09/the-answer-is-yes-%E2%80%93-the-golf-r-is-coming-to-america/

If I can afford it when it comes out, I'd love to get one.

Dub World: For VW enthusiasts.
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

Hmm, wouldn't it be around 30 grand?

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

Hmm, wouldn't it be around 30 grand?

I am going to assume it will be around that price considering the R32 was around that price.

heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

not seeing my wife being interested in a hatch......

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »

I like it but the price tag would be a big factor for me...

VR6 Man
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »

I like it but the price tag would be a big factor for me...

Yeah, I wish they would give a price estimate, as I would really like to know.

nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »

Yeah, I wish they would give a price estimate, as I would really like to know.

very easy way to get the most likely US price ...

take the German price... replace Euro sticker by $ and reduce the price by 15% and you end up within +/-$500 of the real price

Golf R Germany
6speed manual 36,825Euro (incl 19% tax)
6speed DSG 38,700Euro (incl. 19% tax)

as a example to see how accurate this way is
Golf GTI 27,275Euro
Passat CC 2.0TSI 33,500Euro

reduced by 15%
Golf R manual 31,301
Golf R DSG 32,895
GTI 23,183
Passat CC 2.0TSI 28,475

to compare the true GTI, Passat CC selling price is in the USA currently $23,690 and $28,200

The 15% could varry depending on the exchange rate between $ and Euro ...weak Euro means around ~15% reduce, weak $ means ~10% reduce, but that way you get pretty close to the true price.

So a Golf R manual ~$31,500 and dual clutch ~$33,000 in the USA... the only factor you can´t callculate is, if VW plans to place the Golf R in direct competition with a other model that is slightly cheaper that could effect the price
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: