theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:44:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda unveils 2012 Civic Coupe and Sedan Concepts in Detroit  (Read 1922 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »

Source: AutoBlog
Honda dusted off concept versions of the ninth generation Civic Coupe and Sedan at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show today, and the automaker says that along with mildly updated exteriors, both vehicles will wear improved interiors compared to the current-generation Civic. Judging from the history of Honda concepts, there's a good chance that the production versions of both the four and two-door Civics will be very similar to the vehicles you see above. That means that the Civic Coupe will wear styling influenced heavily by the current Accord Coupe.

Meanwhile, four-door buyers can expect an exterior design very similar to the 2011 Civic. Though the sedan's front-fascia wears a little bit more menace than the current design, the carried-over grille and headlights are more than a little familiar. Out back, new tail lamps and a re-sculpted trunk deck dominate the view.

Honda says that for the first time, buyers in all 50 states will be able to get their hands on the natural-gas Civic. Previously, the green machine was only available in select markets. Additionally, the Civic Hybrid will now boast lithium-ion batteries as opposed nickel-metal hydride. Hit the jump for the full press release.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:50:50 PM by Elmo187 » Logged

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Jerrycobra

A&P mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »

so this is a refesh, i think it looks pretty well, better than that honda has been churning out lately

Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »

Not bad looking, but doesn't make me want one. The rear end looks kind of Toyotaish to me.
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »

lookit how cute it is! aww

it's still bulkier than a monster truck.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
Jeepcom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

On the coupe, from the A-pillar back it looks Toyota Solara-y
Fox
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »

Did they fix the awkward interior design.
Fluxx
Grand Master

Lasciate Ogni Speranza

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06:58 PM »

I like the interior on the current Civics, it isn't trying to riff off of anybody elses interior.
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

I saw a sedan driving near a dealer today. Looked the same as last generations basically.

I didn't see any on the lot so they must be doing PDI or something. It did have the stickers for sale price and everything on it though.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:34 AM »

why is it so tall, especially the ass end? so you can blind people with the tail lights?
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:49:03 PM »

why is it so tall, especially the ass end? so you can blind people with the tail lights?

It's not that tall. I don't know who could be blinded by tail lights lol.

I went to the dealer today to check it out. It's uglier in person but it'll grow on me sooner or later.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:51:08 PM by SpiderX1016 » Logged

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »

It's an illusion in the pictures. The crease along the side gives the impression that the backend sticks up really high.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Syncros
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »

Yeah,I know its not actually sitting tall in the back, I just hate the "raked" look of cars these days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: