theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The legend returns.. Scarab Replica!  (Read 11619 times)
heretic
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »

maybe there is something you do not get.....your definition of "replica" is yours, and that is something you are entitled to.......but for the purpose of registration, kits of the ferraris, lambos, and the others you mentioned are classified as kits or special construction vehicles.....true replicas are treated differently. They are emission tested as the vehicle they are made to replicate, and the title classifies it as a replica of an original. A ferrari kit body on a stretched fiero chassis is classified as a special construction vehicle, and faces the same emission testing and EPA regulations as the fiero donor car.......

so for this instance we can safely say that your definition of replica is subject to your own opinion, and For your own purposes, that is just fine......but maybe we should not imply that it is much more than your opinion

I don't have an attitude problem... You have a "being an asshole" problem
MP3
Administrator
Grand Master

Bater

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »

I've been following this as well. And looks like an exciting build except in a way almost too well built?

Having been good friends with Augie Pabst and Don Devine, I've been quite up close to these cars, and even though the originals are clean, you can see battle scars on them, slightly mis-aligned gaps ect. The imperfection is what made them perfect. After hearing that video, the excitement of the engine starting is somewhat lost. 

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: