theautolounge.net
January 17, 2018, 04:36:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda stop selling the Legend in Europe  (Read 1665 times)
nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:26 AM »

Honda has officel confirmed end Octorber 2010 that they will stop selling the Legend in Europe by end 2010. Today Honda Germany stoped taking orders for the Legend... the Legend was a big disaster for Honda in Europe... in 2009 Honda sold 21 Legend in Germany (most likely to Honda employees)

main reason... europens like to have a wide range of engine and transmission options... Honda took care of that by offering one engine  
Fuel Fire Desire
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »

Why is it such a flop? And only TWENTY ONE sold in Germany for all of 2009? 

I have yet to encounter a late model honda that wasnt a quality vehicle or uninteresting.

Rather B.Blown
Administrator
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »

What is it? It looks like my ol' lady's '09 Accord but with a different front end.

FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »

What is it? It looks like my ol' lady's '09 Accord but with a different front end.

acura rl

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
SpiderX1016
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »

Why is it such a flop? And only TWENTY ONE sold in Germany for all of 2009? 

I have yet to encounter a late model honda that wasnt a quality vehicle or uninteresting.

I'm guessing it costs the same or about the same as there German Counterparts?

Just a guess.

"Under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different." - Bruce Lee
FabZ
Grand Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:38:05 PM »

Just a guess.

i have some pics of germany and surrounding areas at my parent`s place i should upload.. when you see the streets you`ll understand the flop... i think the only jap car they like there is mitsu... and the colt at that.... there`s next to zero gm (non euro counterpart) cars as well.  it`s mostly vw, audi, bmw, merc, and repeat lol.

Hey, I just passed you; and this is crazy. But, I'm in fourth gear, Vtec baby...
irish evo6's
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »

Wow i thought they stopped selling the legend world wide in the 90's. The only ones i have seen were a couple of 92's and and an 89 model. Its news to me you could buy them anywhere out side of Japan still

"when the world says 'give up', hope whispers 'try one more time'"
nagmashot
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »

Just a guess.

The price was 58,000Euro at the end incl. 19% VAT but fully loaded... a similar Audi A6 3.2 quattro base price was much cheaper but much less equipped brought to same standart the price was nearly identical but gave the customer the options to choose what ever he liked from unlimited colors inside and out, different seats in leather or alcantara or a combination etc., different suspensions, wheels, hifi equipment etc..

From 1988 till today Honda sold 3500 Legend in Germany... twice that number Audi sells the A6.... each month
kosai03
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 02:03:23 AM »

I don't think the RL did all that fantastically here either.  I think it was just that it didn't have enough qualities to stand out to people against similarly priced cars by other brands.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: