theautolounge.net
December 12, 2017, 04:18:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEMA 2010: Chrysler  (Read 1621 times)
Elmo187

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:13:05 AM »

Redline Dodge Charger by Mopar Underground
Source: AutoBlog
America's baddest sedan gets a little more fearsome. The diehard enthusiasts at Mopar Underground wasted no time in taking the not-yet-in-market 2011 Dodge Charger under their wing.
"We let the designers of the production car and their friends at Mopar rip," said Gilles. "I wanted them to show us what they would do with this vehicle if it were their own dream car."

The RedLine Charger brings the 2011 version of the popular vehicle lower to the ground with a tuned suspension that lowers the car one inch. The RedLine Charger's aggressive appearance is backed by the 5.7-liter HEMI® engine tucked under a unique aluminum hood. Mopar parts, including headers, an exhaust system and a cold-air intake, provide horsepower and torque gains, while a Mopar strut tower brace amps up the handling and driveability needed to corral the additional horsepower.

The RedLine Charger's power matches its stealthy appearance. The blacked-out feel is accomplished with a black roof, front lower and rear-end treatment and continues with carbon fiber mirror caps. The 22-inch staggered-width Super Alloy wheels, with Pirelli tires wrapped around (265/35/22 front, 295/30/22 rear), follow the blacked-out theme as do the unique carbon fiber lower air dam/splitter and rear spoiler, created by the Mopar Underground team specifically for the RedLine Charger. Headlamps and tail lamps also get the blacked-out treatment.

Recalling Dodge Charger's legendary heritage is a side scoop reminiscent of the scoop on the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. The black side scoop is emblazoned with a red R/T logo, offering a nice tie-in to the RedLine Red paint employed on the RedLine Charger.

A trip inside the red-and-black interior reveals a driver-oriented theme, with custom RedLine all-aluminum driver and console bezels. The interior is highlighted with satin and bright chromed bezels that accent the refined details. Mopar Katzkin performance seats trimmed in Radar Red Nappa leather with bright red stitching offer another striking interior enhancement. A unique SRT® steering wheel featuring prototype paddle shift controls completes the interior.

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:59:07 AM »

Dodge Durango Citadel "Black & Tan"
Dodge views the new Citadel as the ultimate expression of the 2011 Dodge Durango, the perfect canvas for the distinguished SUV enthusiast. The vehicle was developed as a representation of the current trend in tasteful customization.

This special edition of the Citadel utilizes the clean lines of the 2011 Dodge Durango. Its stunning, shiny black paint color is the perfect backdrop for the evolution of the modern urban SUV. Its 22-inch custom-forged aluminum Super Alloy wheels are highly polished with hyper-silver accents. The Citadel also features an exclusive chrome-textured grille and polished stainless steel tips of the Mopar/Corsa custom exhaust. The Citadel "Black & Tan", riding on Pirelli tires, was dropped with Mopar lowering springs, complementing its stunning new stance.

The shiny black exterior is matched on the inside with an all-new interior, crafted by the new Chrysler interior studio that is bent on redefining American quality and unparalleled comfort. The timeless design features sculpted soft panels throughout with world-class fit and finish, complete with the liberal use of premium materials and three rows of gorgeous Nappa leather seats. The new "Black & Tan" interior combo was inspired by some of the finest super cars in the world.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:05:47 AM by Elmo187 » Logged

When asked why they shot the suspect 68 times, Sheriff Grady Judd responded with "That's all the bullets we had."
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »

Fiat 500 by Mopar Underground
This vehicle is an extreme version of the popular European version of the Fiat 500, which has won 60 international awards, including the 2008 European Car of the Year and the 2009 World Car Design of the Year.

The concept car features a number of unique parts created by the Mopar Underground team, including a front airdam/lip, lower sill, spoiler, rear valance and brake ducts. The 2010 Fiat 500 features a lower ride height on 18-inch Alcoa wheels and flared wheel arches reminiscent of the Fiat 500 models that dominated race tracks in Europe back in the day.

The vehicle rides on Pirelli tires with a mean, wheels-out-and-down stance that is accentuated by a Dark Thunderbolt Gray exterior. The black roof, black hood, headlamp and fascia graphics tie the headlamps together. The lower "chin" of the Fiat 500 hooks up with a flare that surrounds the front wheel. A lower side sill, also in black, adorns the sides.

The interior is driver-focused, with a red seat and red door insert on the driver's side, with piano-black accents on the instrument panel. The remainder of the interior is outfitted in a subdued black.

The always-sporty Fiat 500 is bolstered with the power and performance that comes with Mopar parts. Mopar bolt-ons include a Mopar custom exhaust system that provides horsepower and torque gains and a Mopar strut tower brace that reduces body flex in the front end and improves drivability and handling.

Two additional Fiat 500 vehicles will be on display in the Mopar Alley, outfitted with a full complement of Mopar parts and accessories. The all-new Fiat 500 will be available for ordering in the U.S. later this year in the Sport, Pop and Lounge models, followed by the all-new Fiat 500C (cabrio) in the spring of 2011.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:57 AM »

2011 Mopar Challenger 512 Drag Pak

Yes, that is the Viper SRT/10's 8.4L (512c.i.) V10 with 600hp. The very first V10 powered production drag car. Should put up quite a fight with the upcoming Cobra Jet, also with 600+hp from the aluminum 5.4L.

More to come within the coming weeks as SEMA kicks off next week...

Sting Ray
Master

Resident Beanpole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »

I really like that Charger. Great color.

"Every second I'm talking to you is another second I'm not at Waffle House." - Wayne Chism
Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »

Dodge Charger Redline Concept
Among Chrysler's homage to the storied past at this year's SEMA Show is this 2011 Dodge Charger Redline Concept – the Charger that Mopar Underground would build if it could. The crimson four-door sits an inch lower to the ground over 22-inch Super Alloy wheels, all the better to keep your eyes on the black roof. Other trim pieces include the black spoilers fore and aft, tinted head- and taillights and a black side scoop to take you back to the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T.

Under the aluminum hood is a 5.7-liter Hemi wearing Mopar headers, as well as a cold-air intake and exhaust. Come shimmy and shake time, things are kept in better check by a Mopar strut tower brace. A black and red interior fills out the theme, aluminum bezels and Katzkin leather keeping it swish and prototype paddle shifters keep it truly conceptual.

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »

I like it but If they loose the side scoop on the exterior and then tad down on the red in the interior I would like it even more. Hopefully Chrysler gets the new Charger looking really good for the next generation because I loved the first gen and I cant wait to see the finished product for the general public.

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »

I like it but If they loose the side scoop on the exterior and then tad down on the red in the interior I would like it even more. Hopefully Chrysler gets the new Charger looking really good for the next generation because I loved the first gen and I cant wait to see the finished product for the general public.

The side scoops are a design cue found on the 1970 Charger R/T. The design cues you see on this car mimic that of the '69/'70 Charger.

Also, what you see is what the general public will be buying. The 5th generation Charger was already unveiled 2 months ago.

03_TrueBlue_GT
Grand Master

Doug

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

Oh yeah I know the side scoop was a part of the 69/70 styling I just feel that it kinda doesnt flow with the car but maybe if I saw it in person it would look good. And yes I forgot I saw the new Charger a while back... I thought that it owuld be another year before it would hit the streets. Also isnt SEMA where some of the Big three get some ideas for their cars or is it just strictly for aftermarket companies to show case what they can do?

Elmo187

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »

Also isnt SEMA where some of the Big three get some ideas for their cars or is it just strictly for aftermarket companies to show case what they can do?

It's mostly aftermarket with some in-house tuners doing the work. The Charger concept is done by Mopar Underground, as was the rest of the cars in this thread.

Aftermarket, the latest in hot rodding, and just an all-out car show is basically what it is.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: